Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

radic202 -> Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 2:20:33 AM)

Sorry Matrix/Slitherine I am a huge fan of yours and will always support you when a game I want comes out but Heart of Iron has always held a special place in my heart so has Paradox Studios. Also hate promoting other companies on your site (did before and you said it was alright to do so) but heck we are all gamers and love to share what it out there and what is coming out, my apologies nonetheless:

But Finally after one heck of a long wait Heart of Iron IV has finally let us pre-order it's game (there are 3 versions available).

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/hearts-of-iron-iv

I may wait until I find out whether a hard copy of the game is available otherwise will order on Steam. Surprised my favourite Steam partner here Patrick hasn't done so yet!

Other Members/gamers here ready to take the plunge?

All the best gang!

wings7 -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 2:02:20 PM)

Definitely one to consider! [:)]

Crimguy -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 3:33:48 PM)

I've always been left cold by HOI.

Speedysteve -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 3:59:54 PM)

I could be wrong but haven't they traditionally been a bit buggy, lacking detail etc at game release?

Rising-Sun -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 5:51:19 PM)

Don't get too comfortable with this one, it may need weeks or even months to polish it. Planning on getting it too, but not crazy about it. Infact I like Stellaris much better.

RodyMetal -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 6:38:34 PM)

I got it, the colonel edition, I dont see it on top seller on steam like Stellaris....hmmm, did not expect that to be honest, that may shape the future of paradox differently, maybe even they will make less historical games and more sci-fi/ fantasy ones, paradox are getting bigger and they will strive for more profit as it seems.
Anyway, I am not sure how good it will be HOI4, but I always buy to support certain genre/ theme.

Regards

Qwixt -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/18/2016 7:43:26 PM)

Given HoI 3's long startup/load time for me, and my luke warm feelings after getting Stellaris, I think I will be waiting for a good old steam sale on this one.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/20/2016 12:57:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

Ditto, have you seen the YouTube Hitler video's of HOI III? they are too funny.

Qwixt -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/26/2016 5:25:13 PM)

Have they made any improvements or is this basically upgrading it to the latest engine? I tried to find out what was new, and only came across terms like "more accessible".

Rising-Sun -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/27/2016 10:50:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

Have they made any improvements or is this basically upgrading it to the latest engine? I tried to find out what was new, and only came across terms like "more accessible".

latest engine more like it, same as EUIV. It look interesting, but don't think it is setup accurate at the moment. In time it will be some change, least it is modable.

Ranger33 -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/27/2016 12:34:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

Search on YouTube for World War Wednesday, you can watch them play the game for hours and see exactly how the game works.

EDIT: Should mention that in some of the videos they run into major bugs and such, since it was still in development at the time. Particularly in the first series where the AI wasn't working and the German player conquered the Soviets without breaking a sweat, turned out the AI had been idle since 1936, not upgrading anything or building new units. Later videos are better, there are some where he plays as Japan and then Hungary and then one more, plus some demonstrations of specific features.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/27/2016 2:36:06 PM)

Does Japan invade France and Finland again? Oh please please please. [:D]

Hertston -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/27/2016 10:35:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

Likewise. Drowning in detail, but no realism. CK2 works much better, as does Victoria 2. As does Stellaris, come to that.

Alchenar -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/27/2016 11:05:24 PM)

HOI3 was an enormous disappointing misstep, all the news from HOI4 indicates that lessons have been learned and applied. Still the rule for Paradox games is to wait for a week after release because that's when people will have playtested it to death and the warts will start to come out.

Paradox always fixes the warts, but it's good to know what they are.

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/28/2016 5:20:31 AM)

When I read someone played Brazil and conquered Germany with it...umm...all I can say is I hope this version makes that impossible. Although the guy probably played against the AI and not a human opponent.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/28/2016 10:45:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

When I read someone played Brazil and conquered Germany with it...umm...all I can say is I hope this version makes that impossible. Although the guy probably played against the AI and not a human opponent.

AI or not the Brazilians shouldn't have been able to step foot in Berlin or Moscow. The game series is just a freak of WWII. Might as well play Making History I or II the outcome isn't the same in Making History thas for sure.

wings7 -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/28/2016 1:41:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

AI or not the Brazilians shouldn't have been able to step foot in Berlin or Moscow. The game series is just a freak of WWII. Might as well play Making History I or II the outcome isn't the same in Making History thas for sure.

[>:]

pzgndr -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/28/2016 2:05:43 PM)

Is there a Bolt mod yet?

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Heart of Iron IV Pre Orders finally Out! (5/28/2016 4:35:10 PM)

Is there a Hitler video of it yet? [:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI