[FIXED B828] Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Kitchens Sink -> [FIXED B828] Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/1/2016 3:57:27 PM)

Hi, I ran into this issue with a scenario I am working on. I am using v1.1 Build 825. A save file is attached. Open in editor mode and switch to Vietnam, Malaysia, and Philippines side as appropriate.

Vietnam, Malaysia, and Philippines are Allies and Friendly to each other. If you look at their detected contacts, you can see that they are sharing the contact location information, but not the posture (i.e ether Unknown or Neutral as of this point in the scenario). Each has a different opinion on whether several of the contacts are Unknown or Neutral (Fishing vessels and biologics).

If one Allied side determines a contact as Neutral, shouldn't the other Allied sides automatically consider it Neutral also?

Thanks for the help!

ComDev -> RE: Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/1/2016 4:53:51 PM)

What if Side A is friendly to Side B.
And Side A is neutral to Side C, while Side B is hostile to Side B.

Should Side A inherit the hostile posture stance of the contact if ID'ed by Side B?

Kitchens Sink -> RE: Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/1/2016 5:00:09 PM)

You're right.

What I meant to say is: Once a contact's side is identified, shouldn't that information be shared with Allied Units?

In the attached file, the Side of the units has been identified by either Malaysia or Vietnam (Fishing Vessels and Biologics), but that info is not shared. Once the side is ID'd, then the Posture is set by the Side Posture settings for each of the Allied sides.

Or, am I confused?

Edit: After looking at this more, the Side ID info is being shared...but the other Allied units aren't updating their postures. For example, Malaysia had ID'd a couple of contact as Fishing Vessels and Biologics Side and marked them Neutral. Vietnam and Philippines now have that Side ID information but do not update their posture to Neutral even though they consider that side to be Neutral. Only the side that originally identified the contact is updating it's Posture.

ComDev -> RE: Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/2/2016 9:07:15 PM)

Yeah okay, I understand.

Fixed B828, thanks! [8D]

Kitchens Sink -> RE: Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/2/2016 9:19:41 PM)

Awesome! My bug report was so FUBAR that I think I even confused myself.

ComDev -> RE: Allied Sides not sharing Contact Posture Information (6/2/2016 9:25:19 PM)

Yeah but found it, was isolated to sides not collectively responsible. So a bit of an edge case.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI