Jutland Scenario In The Works (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

MichaelJCuozzo -> Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/2/2016 6:40:28 PM)

Hi everyone. I know it's past the anniversary, but I've started working on a Battle of Jutland scenario. For the capital ships, I'm taking World War II era battleships and cruisers and modifying them accordingly. Which means stripping them of all weapons aside from their big guns and removing all sensors. Enclosed below are a few pics of the early development stages. I would certainly appreciate any and all opinions and assistance on this one. Seems like a scenario and topic many of us can offer something on.

Mike

thewood1 -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/3/2016 12:07:11 AM)

While I love Command, there is a game out there that isn't too expensive that already covers WW1 naval combat pretty well. Steam and Iron...might be better to use that instead of shoehorning Command into doing something it wasn't built for.

mikmykWS -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/3/2016 12:16:08 AM)

Could do a modern or Cold War equivalent as well!

Mike

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/3/2016 4:50:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Could do a modern or Cold War equivalent as well!

Mike

I like that idea, Mike. Either way, the battle would be short and violent :)

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/3/2016 4:52:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

While I love Command, there is a game out there that isn't too expensive that already covers WW1 naval combat pretty well. Steam and Iron...might be better to use that instead of shoehorning Command into doing something it wasn't built for.

You're right. Steam and Iron is a great game. I love it. In this case though, I thought I would experiment with Command. The system is so robust and flexible that I like to see how far the envelope can be pushed.

comsubpac -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/5/2016 7:44:45 PM)

I have been working on a Royal Navy vs Deutsche Marine scenario with the current Navies. The problem is that both sides have much more defensive then offensive capabilities and just run out or ammunition most of the time.

It should be in the steam workshop.

erichswafford -> RE: Jutland Scenario In The Works (6/5/2016 11:25:11 PM)

I think it would be difficult to simulate the crude gunnery of the time period. Or the propensity for British ships to suddenly explode due to poor ammo-handling procedures. Or the use of primitive radio for comms.

Without these things accounted for, you don't really have Jutland.

Then again, "Steam and Iron" has a somewhat hard time simulating drone strikes, OTH targeting and Cooperative Engagement Capability.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI