Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

bin618 -> Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/10/2016 5:23:19 AM)

I always stack my airbases and headquarters with some combat units to protect them. Is it necessary? Thanks.

uw06670 -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/10/2016 8:37:40 PM)

are you trying to protect them from air attack or getting displaced by ground units?

bin618 -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/11/2016 12:20:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uw06670

are you trying to protect them from air attack or getting displaced by ground units?

I only stack those in the front with combat units to protect them from Soviet ground units. Is it necessary?

uw06670 -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/11/2016 12:37:05 AM)

Yes. otherwise if an enemy ground unit is able to move next to a HQ or AB by itself it will do a 'displacement' move, which bumps it back several hexes. Might not cause much damage, but is disruptive so good to try and avoid it.

swkuh -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/11/2016 1:55:42 AM)

When you lose HQs effects by displacement or too distant placement, your play is weakened. Support units won't commit, arty disabled, command & control less effective and maybe more.

BTW, never putting them in the way of the enemy is good practice (maybe, best practice.)

Keep close (5 hexes) but safely behind the front line. If opponent achieves a breakthrough, that's another story with other causes.

bin618 -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/11/2016 2:53:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uw06670

Yes. otherwise if an enemy ground unit is able to move next to a HQ or AB by itself it will do a 'displacement' move, which bumps it back several hexes. Might not cause much damage, but is disruptive so good to try and avoid it.

Thanks uw06670

bin618 -> RE: Do You Stack Your Airbases and Headquarters with Combat Units? (6/11/2016 2:56:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrbill

When you lose HQs effects by displacement or too distant placement, your play is weakened. Support units won't commit, arty disabled, command & control less effective and maybe more.

BTW, never putting them in the way of the enemy is good practice (maybe, best practice.)

Keep close (5 hexes) but safely behind the front line. If opponent achieves a breakthrough, that's another story with other causes.

Thanks for your advice. I'm a beginner. There's much to learn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI