Sumatra and Java defence late war (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geoffreyg -> Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/17/2016 7:04:27 PM)

As the Japanese player I am currently planning my defences of Sumatra and Java for late 1943/ 1944 in a PBEM and wondered whether anyone had any useful tips.
Presumably one should defend Palembang quite well but for example I am interested in what balance I should strike between wider spread of forces or defending fewer bases more strongly.
Many thanks in advance.

btd64 -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/17/2016 7:31:19 PM)

Defend your LOC. If you can't get the resources your defending out, defending them is a moot point....GP

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/17/2016 7:45:23 PM)

As an Allied player I'd simply point out that once landed the Allies will stomp you over time depending on how much they want the places. There are far too many landing possibilities, though on Sumatra the comms are poor North to South.

You need to stop them before they land, or inflict grievous casualties with use of your planes and navy.

The Allies do not need the bases there, nor the oil - they want to stop you shipping it out. No use holding Palembang and other producers if they strangle your logistical links by their air power. Once they take any base they can very quickly create the level 2 airfield that will allow naval attacks on shipping.

All you can do is delay them and also kill as much of them as you can, the Allies don't have an inexhaustible supply of manpower.

Roger

crsutton -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/17/2016 8:55:25 PM)

Yes, there is a point where they become impossible to defend, (if the Allies player knows his stuff) I personally don't look to invade in strength. There is no real strategic values except the oil. I am looking for air bases big enough and secure enough so that I can bomb the oil centers. Once bombed it does not matter who holds them.

BBfanboy -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/17/2016 9:06:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Yes, there is a point where they become impossible to defend, (if the Allies player knows his stuff) I personally don't look to invade in strength. There is no real strategic values except the oil. I am looking for air bases big enough and secure enough so that I can bomb the oil centers. Once bombed it does not matter who holds them.

The one strategic asset other than oil is the shipyard at Soerabaja.

geoffreyg -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/18/2016 4:02:22 PM)

Many thanks for your responses.

PaxMondo -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/18/2016 4:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

The one strategic asset other than oil is the shipyard at Soerabaja.

Only until the allies get Manila or Singers, then much less importance.

PaxMondo -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/18/2016 4:31:21 PM)

Just to echo all the other responses, IJ cannot easily stop the allies after '44 unless you have attrited them prior. As noted above, about the only thing they do not have is unlimited manpower (reflected in that their LCU devices are built at a fixed rate) until 9/45. At that point their unit reinforcements are such that they have unlimited everything from that point on. So game time, it means the last 9 months..... The IJ has to take advantage of this ... force the action all the time 42-43.

Two goals for the IJ in 42-43 in this respect are:
1. attrit manpower
2. attrit 4E's.

Oh, I forgot the tricky part: do the above while growing supply, fuel, and HI pool. [;)][:D][:D][;)]

[&o][&o][&o]

rustysi -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/18/2016 10:24:46 PM)

quote:

Two goals for the IJ in 42-43 in this respect are:
1. attrit manpower
2. attrit 4E's.

Oh, I forgot the tricky part: do the above while growing supply, fuel, and HI pool.

Oh, that's all I have to do?[8|] [:D]

geoffreyg -> RE: Sumatra and Java defence late war (6/19/2016 10:15:52 AM)

Gentlemen

Many thanks for your further views.

Geoffrey

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI