Taking down some outdated stickies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Damiac -> Taking down some outdated stickies (6/28/2016 8:12:43 PM)

It's nice that useful threads are stickied, but some of them are completely out of date and pretty useless at this point. Is it possible to unsticky some of them?

Distant worlds: Universe Released Today - Come on, that thread is so out of date it's just people complaining about missing the upgrade option.

Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! - This one is even more out of date than the previous one!

Wiki pages at Wikispot: This wiki doesn't exist anymore. It's just a dead link.

Compendium of DW Mods: Exceptionally outdated, and it doesn't even list the big mods for universe. Half those mods weren't even finished to begin with.

Guide to guides: Probably just needs a little trim rather than being unstickied, but some of those guides are insanely out of date and/or full of misinformation.

And that's being pretty generous with some of the other stickies, but at least they seemed somewhat relevant. I know some of those guides in the guide to guides thread caused me a lot of confusion, because they were talking about old versions.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Taking down some outdated stickies (6/30/2016 2:00:47 PM)

quote:

And that's being pretty generous with some of the other stickies, but at least they seemed somewhat relevant. I know some of those guides in the guide to guides thread caused me a lot of confusion, because they were talking about old versions.
[Send Private Message] Report | P

not all the users have the last version of Distant Worlds

Damiac -> RE: Taking down some outdated stickies (6/30/2016 4:59:26 PM)

True, but I don't think the info is even up to date with the latest version of those expansions. People are giving advice that is really about avoiding problems from bugs that don't exist in any version of distant worlds anymore.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Taking down some outdated stickies (7/1/2016 11:56:18 AM)

what do you exactly mean for "stickied" ?

tortugapower -> RE: Taking down some outdated stickies (7/3/2016 6:50:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

what do you exactly mean for "stickied" ?

"Stickied" are those topics that are "stuck" or permanently kept at the top of the forum list. The topics that remain at the top, regardless of how old they are (usually due to importance).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Damiac
Guide to guides: Probably just needs a little trim rather than being unstickied, but some of those guides are insanely out of date and/or full of misinformation.

Some of the ones you mentioned are pretty old, yeah. Briefly about the [quoted] guide to guides: it has a lot of good information, and sometimes the older ones -- even from older versions -- are still the most up-to-date on the topic. So we don't want that one going anywhere anytime soon!

Cheers.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI