[updated] New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

msc -> [updated] New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (7/3/2016 7:47:15 AM)

I tried to make a scenario for mining operations, playing in 1983 in Baltic Approaches. I wanted to test the mining-missions (NATO - playable side) and mine-learing-missions (Warsaw Pact - computer only)and create an easy scenario both in complexity and difficulty..
It's not a WW3-scenario, but should represent a scenario in time of tensions before wartime. I tried to get the proper positions of fixed installations, e.g. shore-radars, SAM, airbases of that time.

So, I hope you like it and looking forward for some feedback.

[updated scenario for download here; description see posting below]

msc -> RE: New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (7/13/2016 9:03:10 PM)

Did anybody try the senario? Any feedbacks?

I had some problems with the mining mission. The ships assigned on mining-missions show a strange behaviour. First, they begin throwing their mines bevor reaching the area. Second, they do not lay the mines in a systematic pattern - they run crisscross over the minefield, laying a few mines, running back again and so on. I cannot see a systematic laying pattern. So it takes quite a long time to fill the minefield. Does this really work as intende?
Mine-clearing: I do not know if it is usual that so many sweepers get lost on the clearing mission?

AlexGGGG -> RE: New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (7/14/2016 3:22:06 PM)

Minesweepers, yes, in the build I have, I had to drive them inside the area then assign to a minelaying mission. Otherwise they will put mines before reaching the area. This does not seem to apply to aircraft though.

Mine cleaning, yes, it seems quite normal to lose at least some sweepers. You can probably avoid that by turning them back when they are 50% damaged, so they return home, repair, and come back. I did not actually test it though.

msc -> RE: New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (7/17/2016 7:37:13 PM)

Thanks for your idea.
I could send sweepers with little damage back to home port and some "fresh" ones into mission. So they will not end up laying dead in the water or even sinking.

msc -> RE: New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (8/1/2016 11:40:13 AM)

Updated version with some errors removed, tighter timeline, reinforcement of minesweepers when they get damaged and fixed the scoring.
Scenario duration 2 days.

Patmanaut -> RE: [updated] New scenario for testing - BALTAP/Mining Fehmarn Belt (9/17/2016 10:47:03 PM)

Hi MSC

Just telling you I´ve played your mining scenario several times, it was a blast!
Keep making small - medium cold war scenarios like these.

Thank you!

Saludos.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI