Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

MButtsworth -> Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 8:45:02 AM)

I have 4.02 million men but nearly all my infantry divisions are worth only 1 and when stacked in threes sometimes still only 1.
As a result my opponent is attacking in blizzards in a mild winter and nearly taking Moscow which makes the mild winter seem to pro German to me.
So what is the best way to strengthen Soviet units so that they can survive the Axis push. Should I withdraw infantry divisions 25 squares from the front line to let the grow which also seems a ridiculous although perhaps vital measure.
All advice appreciated.

STEF78 -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 10:56:37 AM)

Hi Matt,

The game is over since mud. You suffered too much losses. WITE is a snowball game, you won't recover. I only lack 28 VP to end the game and Moscow will fall before end march 1942.

Reaching blizzard with russian losses close from 4M men means "no problem" for the germans

[img]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/909822matt1.jpg[/img]

And you suffered massive encirclements

[img]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/810630matt2.jpg[/img]

morvael -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 11:17:48 AM)

This is massive :)

With free rebuilds the Soviets can still offer some resistance if they still have manpower and armaments...

[image]local://upfiles/22250/623FF335C7CD4868812D2FDD2AA13466.jpg[/image]

MButtsworth -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 11:35:47 AM)

Hi Steff,
I will fight on out of misguided stubbornness until you take Moscow.
It has been an enjoyable game.

Matt

STEF78 -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 1:47:05 PM)

just pushing the counters isn't fun.

If tou agree, we can stop now

Bozo_the_Clown -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 2:02:56 PM)

Hi Stef,

Would you be interested in playing another game? Maybe this time we can go all the way to the end. I enjoyed both of our games and would love to play again. [:)]

Best,
Bozo

STEF78 -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 2:23:10 PM)

I have currently 2 games ongoing (821bobo and mattbuttworth). I cannot handle 3 at a time.

I sent a PM to Matt, if he agrees to stop our game, it's ok.

Bozo_the_Clown -> RE: Help!!! How to Strengthen Soviet Units?!? (7/12/2016 2:37:41 PM)

quote:

I have currently 2 games ongoing (821bobo and mattbuttworth). I cannot handle 3 at a time.

I sent a PM to Matt, if he agrees to stop our game, it's ok.

Cool! Send me a PM when this game is over.

Matt, I think your situation is hopeless. Could you upload a screenshot with your manpower pool and maybe a screenshot showing your top infantry units in the Commander's Report? Most of these units are probably half empty shells.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI