Forced Downgrade to Merge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Sangeli -> Forced Downgrade to Merge (7/12/2016 9:30:57 PM)

One of the most frustrating things about playing WitP is being unable to merge units to form divisions (or Corps for the Chinese) because one subunit got equipment upgrades while the others did not. Often times it's just a few dozen artillery pieces that are the difference. IMO this is really dumb because if I had the option to just ditch the new equipment (or send it back to the pool) such that the units could merge, I would do it in a heartbeat most of the time. How hard would it be to get this feature put into a patch?

btd64 -> RE: Forced Downgrade to Merge (7/12/2016 9:48:36 PM)

Set the switch for upgrades to off. Then it's not a problem. If you leave it on, then it falls on the player....GP

Sangeli -> RE: Forced Downgrade to Merge (7/12/2016 10:07:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton
Set the switch for upgrades to off. Then it's not a problem. If you leave it on, then it falls on the player....GP

How does that help after I've already upgraded? I understand that the mechanics of the game are such but I see no reason why it should be so unforgiving.

btd64 -> RE: Forced Downgrade to Merge (7/13/2016 1:52:09 AM)

Well all you can do is turn off upgrades to all of the LCU's that take the upgrade except for the units you want upgraded. This will work but may take a few game turns or more....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI