Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

el lobo -> Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/17/2016 2:35:20 PM)

Scenario #2

We are at Turn 364. The game ran fine up until about Turn 358 and then the Combat Summaries quit showing during the Combat Replay. The Animations were present but ran through very fast. I started checking at the beginning of each turn and the CS switch was on. At the end of the Combat Replay, the Combat Summaries switch was off.

Two turns later the Combat Events quit showing.

I still have the "printed" Combat Report" and Combat Events.

I am playing Japan. I inquired of my opponents, the Allies are playing as a team, and one said that yes he had noticed the same thing, the other, a complete newbie to witp-ae, said that his was always that way.

Since I initiate the turns, I thought that perhaps the problem could be starting at my end. So I re-installed AE and started a test game. I ran both sides, sent the turn to each opponent individually, and all ran perfectly.

We all rebooted and checked switches.

We resumed or game and the same problem is sill present.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what we can to to fix it.

Lowpe -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/17/2016 3:36:12 PM)

Somebody hit the F8 key.

It seems to take a little trial and error to fix.

Start the turn as Japan, and before any combat actually takes place hit the F8 key. You should get a messagae saying the Combat Summaries are either on or off. If on leave it alone.

If off hit the key again, making sure you get the message that the summaries are on.

Hopefully that will take care of the problem, if not just try again the next day. The longest it took me to fix was 2 days, but I might have screwed that time up (operator error).

Just go slow and read/confirm the message. If you have sped up your message delay you might miss the message.

Do this even if your game preferences say they are on.

This mode is actually not bad if you simply want to run the turn and not watch it...this mode is how I would play against the computer AI for example. Start the turn and walk away, come back in 15 minutes and the turn is finished and then I would have fun trying to figure out what happened. Combat Reporter shined in this method of game play. 2 or 3 day game turns too.

el lobo -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/18/2016 1:30:50 AM)

Thanks Lowpe

I did what you said but no joy yet, will keep trying.

Some observations on this.

Before I loaded the Turn, I went to the Preferences menu. The Combat Summaries key was OFF. I hit the F8 key. As you mentioned it was hard to read as the messages were fast, so I set it to what I thought was ON and when I hit the arrow to increase the Message Delay, the Combat Summaries key jumped to on. It takes some other action to actually move the key, like cycling Show Clouds. (Lowpe, I know you know this. Observations for others.)

I ran the Turn and as I said above, no joy. I will try to hit the F8 key during the next Combat Replay but it goes so fast I may not be able to do so.

I exited the turn and going back to the Preferences menu, Combat Summaries is off again and Message Delay reset to minimum again. Here is what I find odd. I reset them both, ON and increase respectively, opened and then immediately exited the turn and rechecked and they were back to OFF and minimum.

I will have my compatriots read this and we will all keep trying.

michaelm75au -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/18/2016 4:05:42 AM)

Add a current save that I can run to get the Replay so I can check the setting.
I assume it is only on the replay that the summaries aren't showing, but all is okay on the Japanese play turn.

el lobo -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/18/2016 8:53:28 AM)

Correct.

Here is the last CR so you can see how it is acting. I will send the last turn in a moment. When you say "current save," do you mean the turn on which I am working? I will send it in a moment also.

One other thing. When I try to re-run the CR from Slot #1, as the Japanese player, it asks for Player #2's password. I haven't run that many CR repeats but I do not recall the CR being p/w protected. If you need it - 1,2,3 (can't get much simpler.)

Thank you for your time.

el lobo -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/18/2016 8:55:33 AM)

Here is the last turn that was completed by both sides.

el lobo -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/18/2016 8:58:01 AM)

The current turn on which I am working.

el lobo -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/19/2016 3:25:24 AM)

New Turn.

When the Combat Replay, started it was running as described above, fast and without Combat Summaries or Combat Events. I hit F8 soon after the beginning and got the Combat Summaries. I hit Ctrl S and got the Combat Events.

My opponents will try the same later today. I hope somewhere along the line the right switch get switched and stays put.

michaelm75au -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (7/22/2016 11:56:46 AM)

I loaded the Japanese turn, and the combat summaries were off. You need to turn them ON before you save your turn.

Pressing F8 during replay only affects that replay session; the values carried over to the replay are from the Japanese preferences during the Japanese execution turn.

scout1 -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (8/7/2016 3:36:10 PM)

Would this method work if the Allied player wants to watch the replays, where the Japanese player does not ?

I seem to remember this being asked before and there was now a method to achieve the above but can't find it now ....

BBfanboy -> RE: Combat Summaries not showing, keeps turning itself off (8/7/2016 7:44:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Would this method work if the Allied player wants to watch the replays, where the Japanese player does not ?

I seem to remember this being asked before and there was now a method to achieve the above but can't find it now ....

Looks like the Allied player just has to remember to turn on the summaries before running the turn. His action will not affect the Japanese player setting.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI