Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Sotomonte -> Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/25/2016 6:56:30 PM)

Hi:

I am new in this game (I bought it in the last summer deals of Steam) and I was looking for historical scenarios. I found the scenario "Operation Barbarossa" by The Archdike, but in the Scenario Bank of VR Designs there only is the pt2 file and a link to filefront where is supposed that were the graphics... sadly filefront gone down and the link is useless.

Someone here have the graphics of this scenario? [&o]

Thanks and bye.

ernieschwitz -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/25/2016 9:05:17 PM)

You are in luck, or maybe not. I do not have it, but it might be that someone else in the community has it.

The reason you are lucky is that it seems that no landscape graphics, or NATO graphics were used. Thus if you keep pressing "Y" and go through the motions of all those, you still have a playable game. Most of what is missing is the graphics of units, and a few special event pictures.

I tried to download some of his other scenarios, but did not find the graphics in those. I tried to do a google search for the files (or rather the zip file refered to on filefront) but no hits except this forum and the scenario bank. I tried downloading some of the other scenarios that were named barbarossa or similarily, and no luck there either. They were all different from the one you are searching, even in the map area.

If you are interested, I could make some dummy images, for the ones that he has made but do no longer exist. It will take some time of dedication, maybe a week?... At least that long to make something that looks good :)

Interested?

Sotomonte -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/25/2016 9:28:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

You are in luck, or maybe not. I do not have it, but it might be that someone else in the community has it.

The reason you are lucky is that it seems that no landscape graphics, or NATO graphics were used. Thus if you keep pressing "Y" and go through the motions of all those, you still have a playable game. Most of what is missing is the graphics of units, and a few special event pictures.

I tried to download some of his other scenarios, but did not find the graphics in those. I tried to do a google search for the files (or rather the zip file refered to on filefront) but no hits except this forum and the scenario bank. I tried downloading some of the other scenarios that were named barbarossa or similarily, and no luck there either. They were all different from the one you are searching, even in the map area.

Yes, I have loaded the scenario again and I see that the missing graphics are principally the pictures of the unities. The good thing is that he used the same names of the default archives largely (GermanInfantry II, SMGInfantry I, etc).

quote:

If you are interested, I could make some dummy images, for the ones that he has made but do no longer exist. It will take some time of dedication, maybe a week?... At least that long to make something that looks good :)

Interested?

Well, if I said you the true, when I have saw the graphic files were missing (I have tried to find them too)I began thinking to do it by myself... or maybe is not that easy.

But thanks for the offer [;)]

If I am success I will put the archives here.

Bye.

ernieschwitz -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/25/2016 10:50:54 PM)

Ok, good luck :)

Sotomonte -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/26/2016 6:12:02 PM)

Hi again:

Well... I must be blind, because I didnīt see that the scenario Operation Barbarossa is only Human vs Human, and I wanted it to play against the IA,... how sad [sm=rolleyes.gif]

I was working in the graphics and I think that practically there are all the files, so I put the link here if someone is interested in them:

How the forum doesn't let me put links, I have uploaded a .txt with the link inside

I am going to try the scenario Great patriotic War thta works aginst the IA.

Bye and Thanks

ernieschwitz -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/26/2016 7:23:02 PM)

Ah yes, some scenarios unfortunately are too advanced for the AI to cope.

Hope you find better luck with the next scenario :)

Sotomonte -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/30/2016 4:43:25 PM)

Hi again:

Well, finally I have continued working is this scenario of The Archduke (especially because I am interesting to see how the editor works):

- I see that the scenario required a lot of graphics archives that in the end it doesn't use, so I have modified the scenario to use this new images. Now, practically all the tiers have their own image (I have followed the default design: coloured photos for the germans; photos with a red filter for the soviets).

- I have modified the scenario to allow play against the AI. I have played a few turns and in combat the AI is the same that the deafult scenarios, but a I don't know if the AI are going to research new techs or play events.

- Although I tried to change the requeriments of the scenario and it is using the new imagenes localized in the folder "graphics/Operation Barbarossa", it still require some images from the folder "graphics/default" (but they are images which come with the game itself).

So, if some is interesting in this scenario is free to donwload it.

Again the link for the scenario modified and the graphics are in the archive .txt in this post.

Bye.

ernieschwitz -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/30/2016 5:55:34 PM)

Interesting. Downloaded it, and about to open it. Why didn't you ATZip it? And why didn't you use the Scenario Bank, provided by VR?

Sotomonte -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/30/2016 6:52:23 PM)

Ok, I did it... but I don't know if it are going to work [:D] I am not sure if I have packed well the scenario.

If you make a search by Designer with Sotomonte you will find it.

Bye.

ernieschwitz -> RE: Looking for graphics of Operation Barbarossa (TheArchduke) (7/30/2016 7:20:22 PM)

Thanks!

And welcome to the scenario design/modding community :) I hope you will stay long and make some fantastic stuff :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI