[ANSWERED] Tutorial Basic Training Air Operations 1983 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

roderh -> [ANSWERED] Tutorial Basic Training Air Operations 1983 (7/25/2016 8:21:26 PM)

Hi,

obviously I am new to the game. I am playing the first tutorial Mission (after carefully reading things about "NAS Fallon", "USS Carl Vinson", "Fang Song", what "CVN" means etc.pp.) - AND - after only three seconds in-game I am already confused:

1) Initially, I set "Special Messages" to "Raise Pop-Up" (via game options > Options > Message Log > Special Messages). So, at the very beginning of the scenario the pop-ups for the events "Phase I has fired" and "Phase II has fired" pop up and are logged in the Message logs (lower left corner). My problem is: how can I (re-) read these Messages, i.e. how can I raise the Pop-ups for "Phase I fired" and "Phase II fired" again? I have loaded the Tutorial multiple times, because the first pop-up disappears so fast. I know, I can read the instructions in "Phase I fired" and "Phase II fired" via game > side briefing. But I would think, it should be possible to make this pop-ups visible again.

2) I noticed, the tutorial has changed since v1.00, obviously. What was the reason for this? Was the tutorial too difficult? Do the video-tutorials from baloogan still apply to v.11 SR2?

EDIT: 3) Another question: there are two red SAM-sites, with as it seems, their radar- and weapon-rings. How can I disable the rings for one of them, so that i can see only one of the two?

Thank you very much in advance!

roderh -> RE: Tutorial Basic Training Air Operations 1983 (7/25/2016 9:45:49 PM)

Question 3) is solved.

Pergite! -> RE: Tutorial Basic Training Air Operations 1983 (7/25/2016 9:54:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: roderh

Hi,

obviously I am new to the game. I am playing the first tutorial Mission (after carefully reading things about "NAS Fallon", "USS Carl Vinson", "Fang Song", what "CVN" means etc.pp.) - AND - after only three seconds in-game I am already confused:

1) Initially, I set "Special Messages" to "Raise Pop-Up" (via game options > Options > Message Log > Special Messages). So, at the very beginning of the scenario the pop-ups for the events "Phase I has fired" and "Phase II has fired" pop up and are logged in the Message logs (lower left corner). My problem is: how can I (re-) read these Messages, i.e. how can I raise the Pop-ups for "Phase I fired" and "Phase II fired" again? I have loaded the Tutorial multiple times, because the first pop-up disappears so fast. I know, I can read the instructions in "Phase I fired" and "Phase II fired" via game > side briefing. But I would think, it should be possible to make this pop-ups visible again.

2) I noticed, the tutorial has changed since v1.00, obviously. What was the reason for this? Was the tutorial too difficult? Do the video-tutorials from baloogan still apply to v.11 SR2?

EDIT: 3) Another question: there are two red SAM-sites, with as it seems, their radar- and weapon-rings. How can I disable the rings for one of them, so that i can see only one of the two?

Thank you very much in advance!

1. The special messages are stored in the message log window, you can scroll to it. The pop-up however does not close on its own. I requires you to either start the time again, or close the box manually.

2. I believe a whole lot of new features have been added that can make certain parts of the video obsolete. But it still give clear picture of what needs to be done.

3. Select "Map Settings" and in the drop down menu you can customise all the range symbols to your liking.

roderh -> RE: Tutorial Basic Training Air Operations 1983 (7/25/2016 10:05:29 PM)

Thanks for answering!

quote:

The pop-up however does not close on its own.

I think it does, or the first window was overridden by the second. I have not clicked anything.

quote:

The special messages are stored in the message log window

I think, in this message log window, I can see only the titles, not the whole information. The titles are not clickable.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI