hurry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

t001001001 -> hurry (8/6/2016 6:21:16 AM)

[img]http://www.janegoodwin.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ketchup-400x207.jpg[/img]

Anticipation.

zakblood -> RE: hurry (8/6/2016 6:49:59 AM)

anything worth waiting for shouldn't be rushed, so let your bacon cool while you wait[8|][;)][:D]

TSPC37730 -> RE: hurry (8/6/2016 2:44:51 PM)

Mixed emotions here. I want a quality product. But, I'd really, really like to be playing this weekend.

But then it's not up to me. How about an update on the release date then?

zakblood -> RE: hurry (8/6/2016 3:04:14 PM)

update 1, most people's hard at testing, just the odd one asleep

[image]local://upfiles/43185/77DB1F29A539436EA6DE4353D82A278A.jpg[/image]

FirstPappy -> RE: hurry (8/9/2016 2:18:05 AM)

I think a better thread title would have been "Anticipation" - queue Carly Simon.

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

After I posted this I remembered that many on this board weren't even born when the commercial came out (c1977) so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6ofz3fgD8

James Taylor -> RE: hurry (8/9/2016 3:14:53 AM)

Well since its Carly, I'll throw in "Nobody Does it Better" than the Fury gang, and all the others, well "Your so Vain"![:D]

t001001001 -> RE: hurry (8/11/2016 12:43:27 AM)

Long/boring/pointless post:

When the first Strategic Command was built, I downloaded the demo. It ended about 1940 something. I was able to take poland, france, hungary, yugo, romania, bulgaria... and then the demo ended! Just when things were about to get interesting! That's the best demo I ever played regarding getting the player to take out his credit card and demand more! No brainer purchase. That was before full game electronic dl sales (instant gratification) So I had to wait 7-10 bidness days to get my grubby hands on the full game. An eternity.

I grew up playing Axis and Allies board game vs my Dad. So I turned Dad onto SC1. He loved it, he still plays it vs comp, at the time we played tcp/ip almost a hundred games prolly. SC2 came out, I got it. Dad is in his 70's, so he didn't turn onto it right away, but eventually he did and we play, always have a game going. Just today I took SC2 turns vs Dad.

I recently rebuilt Dad's computer. He wanted to be sure SC1, SC2 (of course b/c we still play it all the time) and his hoyle card games all work. This is important.

I guess my point is. We've had thousands of hours enjoying this franchise. Looking forward to the new one.

FroBodine -> RE: hurry (8/11/2016 3:12:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

anything worth waiting for shouldn't be rushed, so let your bacon cool while you wait[8|][;)][:D]

I never could comprehend this saying. Waiting sucks, plain and simple.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives." -- stupid American soap opera

"All we are is dust in the wind, dude." -- Bill & Ted

Anyway - bring on the game! Waiting is for the birds.

Finally - that Carly Simon song was played in the Heinz ketchup commercial! So, we come full circle!

-=Jeff

t001001001 -> RE: hurry (8/13/2016 4:05:27 AM)

I'm kidding about tapping and twiddling my thumbs. I only check in every week or so. Are you done yet? [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m6.gif[/img]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI