THAAD's TPY-2 Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Dysta -> THAAD's TPY-2 Question (8/13/2016 11:10:11 AM)

When I making a new scenario with the THAAD unit, I tested it with hostile side's aircrafts entering its radar detection range, but the radar never pick up anything even they flew right on top of THAAD.

Then I checked the database, it marked the AN/TPY-2 is an ABM radar, and no aerial or early-warning function. Well, it is obviously a radar for THAAD to lock on reentry vehicles, but it also works on X-band frequency, and have very impressive anti-stealth detecting capability as well. With this TPY-2 range article, even the stealthy aircraft can be detected at least from 500km (I tried with several aircrafts from different RCS, and fly as high as possible, but it just won't pick up any aircraft at all).

I wonder, what makes them completely blind to aircraft that flying pass its radar emission, and seeking for RVs only?

mikmykWS -> RE: THAAD's TPY-2 Question (8/13/2016 3:54:35 PM)

Save game?

Just as a thought but you are accounting for the radar's arc correct? Its not a circle and most be pointed at what you want it to see (set orientation).

Mike

Schr75 -> RE: THAAD's TPY-2 Question (8/13/2016 6:31:02 PM)

Hi Mike

Dysta have a point.
Run attached scen as side a and you will see (or not see) a Bison fly very close to the TPY-2 without being detected.

Hope this was usefull. About all I can do atm from a hotel room in Kiev with a sketchy wifi connection.

Søren

mikmykWS -> RE: THAAD's TPY-2 Question (8/13/2016 7:18:48 PM)

Thanks!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI