Infantry Disembarking (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series

baldbrother -> Infantry Disembarking (8/14/2016 7:40:52 AM)

When infantry are on their deliberate way to a point and they run into the enemy, they don't seem to disembark and come up with plan B, instead they sit in their APC and get blown up. Is there any way to get them to get out? Would cancelling the waypoint and getting them to hold do the trick?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/14/2016 5:30:11 PM)

If in a hasty or deliberate move mech units should drop to screen when under fire. If you have a screen shots or a save game we would be interested in looking at it. Thanks.

baldbrother -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/15/2016 3:06:52 AM)

Thanks for the reply CD. I don't have any saves. Perhaps I'm just reading it wrong. I assumed when I got the message " 2BRDM KIA 2 Mech Inf KIA" that they were killed while still in the vehicle.

Mad Russian -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/16/2016 7:26:17 PM)

You are given a choice as to the distance you want the vehicles to follow. If you set that to "0" they are together the entire move.

That could be one answer to the situation.

Good Hunting.

MR

CapnDarwin -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/16/2016 7:45:25 PM)

That statement could indicate that both transport and passenger were lost. It would depend on what the counter looked like. If it is APC then the loss was passenger. If you have the NATO icon up, then the troops are out and losses were independent of the APC.

IronMikeGolf -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/17/2016 3:13:38 AM)

You are likely killing mech inf that is mounted moving under an Assault order. They will stay mounted until morale breaks or there is insufficient transport.

clodhellmer -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/18/2016 11:01:32 AM)

Hi! distance you want the vehicles to follow? I thougt its the distance the infantry disembarging from vehicles from the objective?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Infantry Disembarking (8/18/2016 11:19:18 AM)

Clodhellmer, you are correct. I think Steve was pointing out if you set for zero then they are in the carriers until they reach that final destination hex. If the unit comes under fire there is always that chance of losing both the APC and troops until they dismount after stopping. Jeff is pointing out that assaulting forces push to their target hex and are more likely to take losses of both in that mode.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI