How did I lose this? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

schmolywar -> How did I lose this? (8/14/2016 11:48:23 PM)

I chose Moscow or bust and held Moscow to the end.

Still I have too few points. It said a draw but it had been downgraded to a minor loss.

Germany 26 pts Russia 84 pts. I killed 294 divisions and lost1 myself.

I got Kiev, Odessa, Minsk, Moscow but not Riga, Leningrad, Kharkov or Rostov.

This is the Dark Souls of strategy gaming! :-)

lancer -> RE: How did I lose this? (8/15/2016 12:48:44 AM)

Hi Schmolywar,

A draw is downgraded to a minor loss if the Soviets manage to hold their chosen objective and you fail to gain enough territory. 26 pts is a pretty low score.

Whether you'd consider it a loss in real life would probably revolve around your ability to hold what you've taken going forward. The Russians still have a solid base there.

Regardless of that the victory conditions are structured to give both sides scope for a win.

The points also shift if you've chosen some of the easier options at game start or have used helpers. The easier you make the game, the higher the bar moves.

Still, taking Moscow is a mighty deed in itself and I'm sure the Führer will be showering you with medals and maidens.

Cheers,
Cameron

schmolywar -> RE: How did I lose this? (8/15/2016 11:19:46 AM)

No helpers or easier options were used. I thought the Moscow or bust option concentrated on Moscow only. The AI had hold Leningrad as goal but also "retake Moscow".

Yes, the fuhrer was happy with the poke into russias centre and added a 20+ to our friendship, still, he sent Gestapo at me in the end!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI