Missing Plane Art (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Foeden -> Missing Plane Art (8/19/2016 5:04:43 PM)

In the middle of a game the plane art work stopped appearing, everything works fine but There is no aircraft picture when you bring up the unit info. Also when air battles are running you can hear them fine, but there are no plane silhouettes, just empty clouds and sky. Does anyone know where the files are in the file tree so I can try and replace them?

BBfanboy -> RE: Missing Plane Art (8/19/2016 5:59:56 PM)

I have had that happen with ship, aircraft and LCU icons. The problem is that something has messed up the graphics loading for the combat phases so you just need to save, exit and restart the game to get it all back.

An example of the type of thing that screws up the graphics:
I wanted too move an LCU that I had selected into an adjacent hex. A combat had taken place in that adjacent hex last turn so it had the crossed swords symbol.
I set the LCU to "Move" and then put the mouse on the adjacent hex to give it the target for movement. However when I clicked the mouse button with the cursor on the crossed swords, it switched my LCU from the one I selected to the first one in the stack in the adjacent hex! - and gave me the message "no destination set".
When I noticed the LCU switch, I went back to the original LCU and selected it again, and this time when I selected the movement target hex I avoided clicking on the crossed swords icon and the target was set normally.

After this little episode, I found all the LCU icons on all my bases had disappeared. If I wanted to get them back I had to click on the base, click on the LCU Flag button to get the list of LCUs and then select one of the LCUs. So it appears the previous interface hiccup caused a problem with retrieval of the icons.
Similar events with animations in naval battles, although I have not yet noticed what triggered the blankouts.

If restarting the game does not work then you do have a problem.

michaelm75au -> RE: Missing Plane Art (8/21/2016 8:43:01 AM)

Is this from a WIN10 PC?

Banzan -> RE: Missing Plane Art (8/26/2016 7:19:58 PM)

I would guess so. I still have the planes and ships, but can't see anything burn, flak fire or water fontains from misses anymore, but can read all messages (Win 10, too).

Marc_Mitscher -> RE: Missing Plane Art (9/3/2016 12:34:28 PM)

I had the same problem pop up. Win 7 here.

Although it turned out to be caused by the latest AMD drivers. Reverting to an earlier driver resolved the problem.

szmike -> RE: Missing Plane Art (9/21/2016 8:00:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc_Mitscher

I had the same problem pop up. Win 7 here.

Although it turned out to be caused by the latest AMD drivers. Reverting to an earlier driver resolved the problem.

Just updated graphics driver, and it happened... [:@]

who said to always keep drivers up to date? [;)]

BillBrown -> RE: Missing Plane Art (9/21/2016 9:39:50 PM)

Not me. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

szmike -> RE: Missing Plane Art (9/24/2016 7:29:08 PM)

This is weird, only Allied plane art is actually missing, I didn't notice earlier not loading Japanese side to check.

I can't downgrade too far as card is quite new, have to live with it for now I guess. [:'(]

szmike -> RE: Missing Plane Art (9/26/2016 8:14:58 PM)

So the game does read J_planeside.bmp (and Jptop.bmp), but refuses to load A_planeside.bmp (and Aptop.bmp). The only difference that I can see between those files is size. Both aren't big anyway to make any problem, but the bigger one apparently does. Curiously when art is exported, aka. separate art for each plane, game seems to load it no problem. Now that I lack visuals and have to read which plane is actually used, it became major nuisance. And I didn't see any mod where whole plane art for stock scenarios is completely split.

I use Win7 64 and recently upgraded graphics card (both old and new are Radeons) and had to update drivers for it to work. I cleaned old before installing new.

Any ideas?

CaseLogic -> RE: Missing Plane Art (2/9/2017 8:16:23 PM)

Huh, I have the same issue.
Windows 10, Radeon R9 200 series, driver from 21. nov. 2016
Only allied plane art refuses to load, but loads just fine in the editor when I check "view art" for the plane type.

szmike -> RE: Missing Plane Art (2/10/2017 7:17:30 PM)

-dd_sw switch solved it for me

CaseLogic -> RE: Missing Plane Art (2/21/2017 3:45:29 PM)

Yay, here too. Great, thanks.

GeorgePatton -> RE: Missing Plane Art (4/9/2017 5:47:05 PM)

I just installed the latest beta patch too 181126b on my Win 10 with Radeon R9 200 series and also had the missing plane art in unit info screen including missing the art as well in the air to air combat screens.

-dd_sw also worked for me.

Strangely the ship art was unaffected before I added -dd_sw

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI