An update on v1.21 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

pzgndr -> An update on v1.21 (9/12/2016 12:42:34 AM)

This has been a long summer, and a frustrating couple of months trying to get AI builds and reinforcements working well. I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel a few weeks ago, but alas it was a head-on train. Between new access violation errors, human reinforcements being done by the computer, and AI builds and reinforcements only being done for the first AI computer player and not the rest, I had hit a snag.

So. I bit the bullet and started on a new v1.21.03 building upon the older v1.21.01 version that worked. My focus over the past weekend was to resolve the AI builds and reinforcements issue. So far, I think I have a solid version that is performing well except for building/placing new AI fleet units. I still need to figure that out. The rest seems to be doing pretty well for both MP and minor country builds, factor additions and new corps placements.

The attached screenshot shows the first economic phase for Great Britain and others. I've created new temporary log messages to show what's going on so I could troubleshoot. What we now have are MPs actually building and placing Gd, Inf, Mil, Cav and Art. Britain controls Sweden, which is building Inf and a ship. There are some additional adjustments that could be made, but for now it seems to all be working pretty well.

My plans are to reintegrate the old v1.21.02 bug fixes and other improvements with this new version, verify it works well enough without any new surprises, and then playtest some more next week before preparing a beta package for Matrix. Assuming all goes well and depending on the Matrix workload, we might get this public beta out in early October. Keep your fingers crossed!!

[image]local://upfiles/11380/864527FAD8E546B895DAB82FA5E3D76A.jpg[/image]

Skeleton -> RE: An update on v1.21 (9/12/2016 2:40:18 AM)

Pzgndr-please know your work is not in vain and that we truly appreciate all of your effort. There is a great game that sorely needs this attention, despite it's age. Your post and work have reinvigorated EiA! After giving up years ago, I actually re-purchased EiA solely because of you. Thank you!

Kai -> RE: An update on v1.21 (9/12/2016 5:55:01 AM)

Thanks for the hard work. Really appreciate it.

Mardonius -> RE: An update on v1.21 (9/17/2016 8:46:46 AM)

Thank you again for keeping the torch alight.

pzgndr -> RE: An update on v1.21 (9/20/2016 2:58:54 AM)

I found a bug causing a game freeze that was holding me back last week. I think I fixed it so I'm back on track this week. There are just a few adjustments I'd like to make and then hopefully a final draft version. I may post a v1.21.03 hotfix in a few days for folks to test out over the weekend. If there are no showstoppers then I can proceed with the public beta package. I really do want to get this out, so I can move on to the next set of improvements.

pzgndr -> RE: An update on v1.21 (9/25/2016 5:22:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius
Thank you again for keeping the torch alight.

Please check out the new v1.21.03 hotfix. The EIA torch is burning brightly now!

On a side note, do folks remember the old Family Circus cartoons with the kid zigzagging all over the neighborhood and doing all sorts of odd things? Well, that's sort of like me over the past few months zigzagging through Marshall's code. I think I manage to get things done by verifying the other 100 wrong ways don't work until I end up with something that does work. LOL [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI