RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/25/2017 2:14:04 PM)

That is a sound thought.

ny59giants -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/25/2017 3:11:45 PM)

See my PM for thoughts/suggestions.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/25/2017 5:25:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

Sound interesting.....

Have u considered adding some SS? Placed at Singa at 7th december they should give the japanese player some headaches...

Done. AS Lucia and SS Truant and Trusty start the war in Port at Port Blair.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/25/2017 5:26:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

See my PM for thoughts/suggestions.

Got it and everything is handled now.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/26/2017 12:07:04 AM)

BTSL 5.0 is uploaded to the website. It is available for use. ENJOY!

Will now make the same changes to BTS.

Kitakami -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 5.0 (12/26/2017 1:05:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
How is that for a bolstering of the Indian Ocean Forces??!!

It is going to be a bloodbath. If the Allies are handled well, conquering the DEI will be EXTREMELY costly.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 5.0 (12/26/2017 3:59:25 AM)

Ahhhhhhh...heck...just look at it as MORE TARGETS!

ny59giants -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 5.0 (12/26/2017 5:18:34 AM)

Yes, it will be a bloodbath "IF" the Japanese player doesn't advance under the protection of the IJN air arm. Placement of Air HQs with Ms Nell/Betty being used to keep Allied warships at bay will require a more methodical advance.

If an Allied player forms the Death Star in Jan '42 with all available CV/CVLs and hybrids, they 'may be' able to take on part of KB.

ny59giants -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 5.0 (12/26/2017 11:57:23 AM)

Thinking about the changes made for the latest version had me put on my AFB hat. You will need to focus more on your fuel for these new ships and how to access it. Since I play both sides, my thoughts bounced back and forth on what to do for the first few months for each. I'm looking forward to reading and commenting on any AARs that start with this version. [sm=00000055.gif]

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 5.0 (12/27/2017 12:22:40 AM)

Hopefully that will be mine within a few weeks!

RedTaurus -> TF90 question (12/28/2017 12:48:55 AM)

Hi,

I was looking at TF90 that goes to Batan. Ships within TF90 are not loaded yet TF96 is fully loaded. I think this might be an error - yes?

TB

Falken -> RE: TF90 question (12/28/2017 2:44:08 AM)

Hi John,

Thanks for the update...appreciate the dedication to this mod. Kitakami and I are staying up to date, and i've just loaded v5.0.

Quick question for you, I seem to have lost the images for the BB Hitachi and BB Owari. Thoughts?

Thanks again,
Dave...

sanderz -> RE: TF90 question (12/28/2017 6:36:20 AM)

Regarding this.....
quote:

2. We have a TF departing Singapore heading for Ceylon. This TF has a CL, 2 AP and 3 AK.

TF428 only has one of the 3 xAK mentioned

sanderz -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/28/2017 6:56:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aga2008

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quote:

Hi Cavalry.

1. If he has George in that early, that would be over 16 months from when it should appear. WOW. He must have spent a fortune to bring it forward. Doesn't help you but I find that amazing to have it so early. We have adjusted it backwards in BTS and BTSL and will in RA. Doesn't help you in this version though.

comments based on the current version of the mod (BTSL 4.5)and without doing any math......

1) is this because the N1K2-A George upgrades from the Zero - hence you can start researching it from the getgo by converting fully built A6M2 factories directly to the George?

2) from a jap economic point of view having the George upgrade from the Zero would seem to make the Sam largely redundant (as you can get the George so much quicker) - also there seems no reason to research the N1K1-J George as it can be bypassed by going the Zero route

as I'm cavalry's opponent let me add my view on this topic:

ad 1: No research was done using the described approach (switching at zero cost from Zero research to George research). All George research started at 0. I never saw a possible switch from the A6M line to N1K line research at zero cost. But actually I can't remember with which version of RA we started so it may be that something like that was possible. Anyway - and you have to trust me on that - that was never done in this game.
If you look below, it took more than 300 days to get the first month of advancement. If I had used an existing switch it wouldn't have taken that long.

In this history of the research the leftmost column is the turn number(taken from tracker). Please note that in the end just 6 turns were needed to advance N1K2 one more month. And you can do your math to find out what that cost me... :)

317 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
345 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
371 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
389 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
399 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/44 Information
407 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/44 Information
413 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/44 Information
421 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/44 Information
427 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/44 Information
435 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/44 Information
443 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/44 Information
449 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/43 Information
457 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/43 Information
463 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 10/43 Information
471 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 9/43 Information
477 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
485 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
493 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
499 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information

ad 2: A7M uses Ha-43 therefore getting the engine bonus is much more difficult. In addition - the N1K1 which is the predecessor for N1K2 - comes much earlier and means you'll inherit fully repaired research facilities for N1K2 as soon as N1K1 is available. And this in turn is much earlier than for Sam. That - and not any exploitation of a possible bug in the mod - is the reason of choosing George instead of Sam.

as a bonus also see the reasearch history for Ha-45 - also valuable for Frank research ..:)

81 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
121 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
149 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
177 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information
205 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
233 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
277 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
315 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
335 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/42 Information
355 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/42 Information

Just had another look at the stats for the various navy fighters and the above strategy seems very viable - i can't see any reason to ever build/research the Sam or Jack when George is better on most stats and is CV capable. You could even make it the only navy fighter to research (other than early Zeros) and ignore J6/J7 i.e. go for pure volume of Georges and win the game before the J6/J7 could become a factor.

Having said all that i am a long long way from being knowledgeable about this game and would welcome some input on whether the above is anywhere near correct.

Thanks

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/28/2017 10:56:04 PM)

Sorry guys. Been busy dealing with issues revolving around my Mom.

John 3rd -> RE: TF90 question (12/28/2017 10:58:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken

Hi John,

Thanks for the update...appreciate the dedication to this mod. Kitakami and I are staying up to date, and i've just loaded v5.0.

Quick question for you, I seem to have lost the images for the BB Hitachi and BB Owari. Thoughts?

Thanks again,
Dave...

The art is in the folder. Let me know if you cannot find it!

John 3rd -> RE: TF90 question (12/28/2017 11:05:10 PM)

quote:

Regarding this.....
quote:

2. We have a TF departing Singapore heading for Ceylon. This TF has a CL, 2 AP and 3 AK.

TF428 only has one of the 3 xAK mentioned

Crap. Will look and fix. THANKS for seeing that.

Will also check the TFs mentioned that start loaded or not loaded.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/28/2017 11:06:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Cavalry.

1. If he has George in that early, that would be over 16 months from when it should appear. WOW. He must have spent a fortune to bring it forward. Doesn't help you but I find that amazing to have it so early. We have adjusted it backwards in BTS and BTSL and will in RA. Doesn't help you in this version though.

comments based on the current version of the mod (BTSL 4.5)and without doing any math......

1) is this because the N1K2-A George upgrades from the Zero - hence you can start researching it from the getgo by converting fully built A6M2 factories directly to the George?

2) from a jap economic point of view having the George upgrade from the Zero would seem to make the Sam largely redundant (as you can get the George so much quicker) - also there seems no reason to research the N1K1-J George as it can be bypassed by going the Zero route

ad 1: No research was done using the described approach (switching at zero cost from Zero research to George research). All George research started at 0. I never saw a possible switch from the A6M line to N1K line research at zero cost. But actually I can't remember with which version of RA we started so it may be that something like that was possible. Anyway - and you have to trust me on that - that was never done in this game.
If you look below, it took more than 300 days to get the first month of advancement. If I had used an existing switch it wouldn't have taken that long.

In this history of the research the leftmost column is the turn number(taken from tracker). Please note that in the end just 6 turns were needed to advance N1K2 one more month. And you can do your math to find out what that cost me... :)

317 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
345 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
371 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
389 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
399 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/44 Information
407 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/44 Information
413 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/44 Information
421 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/44 Information
427 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/44 Information
435 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/44 Information
443 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/44 Information
449 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/43 Information
457 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/43 Information
463 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 10/43 Information
471 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 9/43 Information
477 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
485 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
493 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
499 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information

ad 2: A7M uses Ha-43 therefore getting the engine bonus is much more difficult. In addition - the N1K1 which is the predecessor for N1K2 - comes much earlier and means you'll inherit fully repaired research facilities for N1K2 as soon as N1K1 is available. And this in turn is much earlier than for Sam. That - and not any exploitation of a possible bug in the mod - is the reason of choosing George instead of Sam.

as a bonus also see the reasearch history for Ha-45 - also valuable for Frank research ..:)

81 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
121 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
149 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
177 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information
205 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
233 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
277 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
315 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
335 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/42 Information
355 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/42 Information

Just had another look at the stats for the various navy fighters and the above strategy seems very viable - i can't see any reason to ever build/research the Sam or Jack when George is better on most stats and is CV capable. You could even make it the only navy fighter to research (other than early Zeros) and ignore J6/J7 i.e. go for pure volume of Georges and win the game before the J6/J7 could become a factor.

Having said all that i am a long long way from being knowledgeable about this game and would welcome some input on whether the above is anywhere near correct.

Thanks

This has been--or better said I THINK--this has been fixed. There is no 'free' conversion in 5.0. Someone, who is not me, please check this and verify to be safe.

Falken -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/29/2017 1:26:29 AM)

Hi John.

Sorry to hear about your mom.... The Owari is looking for IJN bitmap 437. I cannot seem to find it in the files on the site. Was the number changed recently?

Thanks John
Dave...

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/29/2017 4:13:52 AM)

Shouldn't be. I'll try to find it before I leave.

sanderz -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/29/2017 10:04:55 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Cavalry.

Thanks

This has been--or better said I THINK--this has been fixed. There is no 'free' conversion in 5.0. Someone, who is not me, please check this and verify to be safe.

hi john

this was more a comment on the actual plane stats rather than the free conversion -- as a result, and because the george upgrades through all the models (including CV models) - it just doesn't seem worthwhile to ever research the sam and jack

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/29/2017 2:50:05 PM)

OK. Got it. Thanks. Thought I had missed something HUGE!

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (12/29/2017 3:08:22 PM)

Did 5.1 down-and-dirty. Posted and available. Should fix Japanese TF 90 and Allied TF 428.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/4/2018 3:55:32 AM)

Michael and I have been round and round on the Japanese 2nd Generation CV Fighters. The example above as well as his own work in the campaign he is now fighting really demonstrates how airframes can be brought forward FAST.

What we've been talking about is the choice of JACK, GEORGE, and SAM for some sort of CV-Based capable fighter. His position is go all-in on GEORGE and let that be your workhorse for the last year-and-a-half of the war. JACK is seen as a stop gap for a few months but then here comes GEORGE. If you have GEORGE then why bother with Mister SAM? Anyone got thoughts on this conundrum?

Additional thing I was thinking on was a size limitation on what CV can carry GEORGE. That plane is a CORSAIR for Japan in terms of size. Would it make any sense to limit it to CVs ONLY? CVLs and CVEs would be forced to carry other smaller fighters (like JACK or the old ZERO). Would that be a STUPID House/Scenario Rule or what?

DOCUP -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/4/2018 2:35:47 PM)

How far forwards can the be brought?

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/4/2018 9:59:29 PM)

That question is far better directed to Michael. He has brought both FRANK and GEORGE forward at huge cost but he has them.

I might look at reducing the aircraft lines to prevent focusing 8-10 research facilities able to focus research on 2-3 separate aircraft. Not sure but I'll let Michael explain when he sees this.

ny59giants -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/4/2018 10:47:48 PM)

This is our last email between John and me on the subject....

BTSL v3.1 (Michael's current game – now in 8/21/43)

Zero:
A6M2 (12/41) to M5 (10/42) to M5b (3/43) to M8 (8/43) – CV capable line (I’ve stayed with 120/month and stopped production in 8/43 as George take over everywhere)
A6M3 (2/42) to M3b (6/42) to M4 (1/43) to M4-J (7/43) to M8-J (2/44) - Interceptor (I stopped after M3b and went to M5 line and now George)
A7M2 Sam (9/44) to M3 (9/45)

Frank: need to include to show what 10 R&D factories can do!!
Ki-84a (4/44) to 84b (3/45) to 84r (12/45) – I got the ‘a’ at end of 7/43 with 4x 30 and 4x 60 factories plus engine bonus. There is one factory for ‘b’ and ‘r’ models. The ‘b’ model is now advancing one month every 15 days. Should be available around 6/44.

George: I used 8 R&D factories
N1K1-J (1/43) - I got in 11/42; to K2-J (4/44) I got in 4/43; to K4-A (1/45) I’m getting in 9/43; to K5-J (5/45) - Three factories are producing 270/month while the other five stay on R&D

BTSL v5.1 (downloaded this morning)

Zero:
A6M2 (12/41) to M5 (10/42) - CV capable line
A6M3 (2/42) – Interceptor
A6M5a (2/43) – FB, CV capable, with armor Move back a few months. Michael: I would like this model to be a continuation of the M5 model line. This may end up being your CV based fighter until Jack and/or George comes out.

Sam:
A7M2 Sam (11/44) to M3 (4/45)
A7M3-J (6/45) – NF with the cannons firing up??
Michael: Are we deciding the Sam is not going to be a viable option for these mods??

Jack: Advance line three months
J2M2 (2/43) to M3 (12/43) to M5 (8/44) – land interceptor
J2M3a (1/44) to M3b (6/44) to M3c (4/45) – John: They are SUPPOSED to be all CV. Additionally, move the better service rating M3b up faster. That could be a draw for production.

John: With more focus, this CV-Variant could come in in mid-to-late 1943. This would be a full six to seven months prior to George. Would also have to check engines.

Michael: This may be my stop gap CV fighter that is used mostly for defense in ’43 (CAP). They do go from SR3 to SR2 and get more speed, but slower than George which is just under 400mph. From your experience vs Dan, how do they stand up to the Corsairs? Do you like the Jack or George vs the best Allied CV fighters?

George:
N1K1-J (9/43) to K2-A (11/44) to K4-A (5/45) to K5-A (10/45) – only 1st model is NOT CV capable!!

John: How would that affect your production speed?

Michael: Still my CV based fighter of choice is George. I will add more R&D factories (12 plus) to get the CV variant a year early. Just in time for the last CV/CVL finishing production in late ’43. It has better speed, longer range, and the same maneuver numbers as the Jack.

What would I produce??
10 R&D for Frank and George lines each. So, Frank ‘a’ and George K1-J in summer of 43. The CV capable George will be around 1/44. “IF” I was willing to devote at least 6 to 8 R&D factories to get J2M3a Jack (CV capable), it would come in same time as 2nd gen George which is CV capable. Why produce the Sam at all?? You have the 2nd gen George with 3rd gen shortly behind. I’m going all in on George, some for land based Jack only, and no Sam with these numbers.

What would I change??
Zero – A6M5a goes back to just a fighter and start date is moved back to 6/43. This model would have to be main CV fighter for 43 until 2nd gen George arrives. I don’t know what to do about the Sam to make it a viable option??
Jack – All three M3a, b, c are CV capable
George – K4-A back to 5/45 as it is only two months behind K2-A right now.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/5/2018 4:44:49 PM)

Fixed some issues with the Fighters:

1. JACK M3a, M3b, and M3c are all carrier capable. Screwed that one up my making the M3a ONLY CV capable.
2. Made A7M3-J SAM into a NF. Does anyone have an issue with that? Also fixed it so the M2--M3 does not automatically go to M3-J. Was torn on separating it out or not and since I have not published these changes, I am open for thoughts.

John 3rd -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/5/2018 9:27:05 PM)

Far as I am concerned, my work with BTSL is complete. Will load 5.1 and Post when that is done.

Time to shift to BTS.

Kitakami -> RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 (1/6/2018 3:38:43 PM)

The mod will have to be played out to really see how they really are, but I think they will turn out ok.
As I am playing the allies, I will try to give an unbiased opinion as I see things evolve.

Thanks to the Mod Team!

Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI