RE: Command Line Switch Reference (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

SaintEx -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (12/21/2018 2:39:13 PM)

Thank you!!

You have saved this game for me. WITP has long been my favorite computer wargame, but I changed to a newer computer a few months ago and ran into scrolling problems that made it unplayable. I tried all the command line fixes in all different combinations but NO ONE ever mentioned that you had to point the shortcut to the executable, I just modified the shortcut on my desktop. Some of us are old (and started wargaming when we were pushing around pieces of cardboard on Panzerblitz boards) and don't just "know" that kind of thing.

Thank you again, it finally works.

sandlance -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (1/29/2019 8:18:51 PM)

I've installed AE on a new PC. I've read the previous posts. I can't find the "Quick start" shortcut mentioned above. Am I missing something?
Thankyou for your patience.

BBfanboy -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (1/30/2019 4:59:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandlance

I've installed AE on a new PC. I've read the previous posts. I can't find the "Quick start" shortcut mentioned above. Am I missing something?
Thankyou for your patience.

It isn't called "Quick Start", it's the WITP-AE shortcut icon that the game puts on your desktop when you install it. It does not start the game, it starts a menu that lets you pick whether to start the game, the Editor, the Manual or check for downloads. Shortcuts will not work on this menu program (Autorun.exe).

You need to use the Windows File Explorer program to go to the directory where the game is installed and find the game executable. Right click on it to bring up a pop-up menu that includes "Create Shortcut". Click on that, and it puts a shortcut in the directory you are in. Drag that shortcut to the Desktop (you may have to shrink the window size if it is full screen so you can see the desktop). Right click on the Shortcut and choose "Properties" and start putting in your switches.

789456281 -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (8/23/2020 4:53:42 AM)

Which tab in properties do I start putting in switches? I am trying to get this game to match my desktop resolution at 2560x1440 can I do this yes?

789456281 -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (8/23/2020 7:11:34 AM)

Ok I got the px py thing to work but at 2560x1440 its pretty hard to read what is the best resolution to play this and are there any graphic mods color text etc...that make it easier to read I am already using the map mods by chem kid but the pop up text boxes in black seem pixelated thanks.

haegint -> RE: Command Line Switch Reference (8/24/2020 6:10:50 PM)

Look here in the tech support forum for the SeaBee tool program. It will create the proper shortcut for you.

Screen resolution is really trial and error what you find best/best compromise for your eyesight and monitor resolution. I found for myself that when playing on a map that is smaller than full screen resolution I choose to play in "Windowed" mode instead of "Fullscreen". I set the window to the exact width of the map how it is presented in WITP AE. For this you have to start with some -pxf value and then need to fiddle with the -pxf value. You can do that over several sessions until you are happy. If anything, slightly less wide than the map is better (less "jumpy" map) than wider. Height ( the -pyf) is less important. On my 1920 x 1200 screen, I just put the window height at 1100, so a bit less than what the screen could actually produce.

I have made several shortcuts, all with slightly different parameters. One of them is for "Fullscreen" mode. Basically I have a shortcut for each map I play (right now only one though). The ones I don't currently need I just store away in some WITP AE "gaming support folder" I maintain under /MyDocuments/ (I also store downloaded mods and extra content there)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI