Italians (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

warnevada -> Italians (9/19/2016 10:30:10 PM)

All the peoples involved in WW2 are represented in ATG except for the Italians.

I tried adding them but the editor wouldn't let me.

Ormand -> RE: Italians (9/26/2016 3:53:17 PM)

To do this effectively, you would have to replace one of the existing peoples. You can add as many people as you like, but the random games won't use them. Random games use eight peoples, and they are controlled by a set of rulevars in the random game slot. These rulevars tell the game which stringlists to use for cities, general names etc.

warnevada -> RE: Italians (9/26/2016 6:59:23 PM)

Even though the random game won't assign an added people initially, will it use it if reassigned using the editor? In other words, if Italians were added as a people and then reassigned to a generated game replacing one of the game's people there won't be any problems?

Ormand -> RE: Italians (9/26/2016 8:00:26 PM)

I think it depends on how deep you create the game. If you took a random game and just changed the people I think, at a minimum, there will be a problem generating officers as the game will not know where to look up the officer names or pictures. I think these are set in the rulevars for people types.

You can make a game with the people, and if you generate officers for the game, I think this will work then, as you would have an officer pool for each regime.

I am sort of guessing here as I haven't gone too deeply in to this, but I have thought about it. I was thinking of adding peoples, and then using an event to change them after the random game was generated. This would be interesting for games with many regimes, say 10, or in the case where a people was duplicated.

I think the main difficulty will be getting the game to use the new people properly. It looks like the number of peoples used in random games is hard coded.

Bombur -> RE: Italians (9/30/2016 3:29:39 AM)

Bombur mod has Italians, with SM-79īs, M13/40īs and all these nice stuff. Custom infantry being introduced in v1.20

Ormand -> RE: Italians (9/30/2016 5:30:55 PM)

Italians can be added to random games. But, you'll have to replace one of the standard people's, say Arabs, with them. It looks like random games can only have 7 peoples. In the RuleVars section of the editor and Random Map Instructions, there are a set of RuleVars that tell the code how to use them. These are under Regime Class A (RuleVar 422-424). Note that there is also a Rulevar specifying the People (set in the editor0 that is a bit different for regimes classes A-C than the rest (I think these were the first, and the rest were added) - rulevar 458 for regime class A. These specify which stringlists to use to get regime names, officers, extra graphic. The game surrently supports 8 regime classes, A-H, but H is an extra regime class, and I am not sure how it gets triggered.

To add Italians, you need to make the stringlists for them, and then decide on an extra graphic. Replace one of the current peoples for a regime class. You do not need to delete any of the other peoples or stringlists. You could also do this with an event that changes the rulevars.

But, I don't think you can add a new people to random games. I haven't dived into that, but seeing how it is structured, I am not sure you can.

Is there a way to turn on the Extra Regime Class (H)?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI