I Spy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

1EyedJacks -> I Spy (9/23/2016 4:44:52 AM)

Something big, red, and round. What is it?

Lokasenna -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 4:49:34 AM)

A button that used to be green.

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 5:16:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Something big, red, and round. What is it?
warspite1

Er....A meatball?

[image]local://upfiles/28156/51801E2C3F9F45A5BC5038B40F3AFDAA.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 12:19:23 PM)

The sun in 5 billion years when it swells up and swallows the earth. Did you know that 95% of the stars out there are smaller than our sun?

Less massive, I meant

wdolson -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 1:18:35 PM)

Seeing Betelgeuse?

The small stars might be in part because the larger the star, the shorter its life. A G type star like ours has an average life of about 10 billion years, but a tiny M class can have a lifetime of 200 billion years. A giant like Sirius A only has a lifetime of 1 billion years. A super giant may only last 10 million years.

Many smaller stars have lifetimes longer than the age of the universe, which means some of the original stars might still be going. Living in the neighborhood of a super giant would probably not allow much life to get going. Just as life gets going the star 50 LY away super novas and wipes out the neighborhood.

Chickenboy -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 3:12:44 PM)

The God of War?

[image]local://upfiles/6968/A7376D783192495B839A111246028160.jpg[/image]

MakeeLearn -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 3:38:33 PM)

DODGE..DIP...DIVE...DUCK... OR... DODGE!!!

IT'S A DODGEBALL HEADING RIGHT TOWARD YOU!!!

witpqs -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 4:19:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

The God of War?

[image]local://upfiles/6968/A7376D783192495B839A111246028160.jpg[/image]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

geofflambert -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 11:45:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

I used to be an assassino of dodge ball in part because of my long arms.

geofflambert -> RE: I Spy (9/23/2016 11:51:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Seeing Betelgeuse?

The small stars might be in part because the larger the star, the shorter its life. A G type star like ours has an average life of about 10 billion years, but a tiny M class can have a lifetime of 200 billion years. A giant like Sirius A only has a lifetime of 1 billion years. A super giant may only last 10 million years.

Many smaller stars have lifetimes longer than the age of the universe, which means some of the original stars might still be going. Living in the neighborhood of a super giant would probably not allow much life to get going. Just as life gets going the star 50 LY away super novas and wipes out the neighborhood.

That is interesting. Is it just mistaken dating? I've long been convinced the universe must be infinite, as no rational alternative exists in my view, and we were bound to find older structures as the "Big Bang" must have been merely a local event. Most of the neighborhood nearby what we see is probably cold, dead and black.
I'm thinking our local area (everything we can see) is actually unusually dense and that there's likely a black hole somewhere going 'big bang' somewhere all the time.

BillBrown -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 12:11:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

I used to be an assassino of dodge ball in part because of my long arms.

I thought that Gorn like T-Rex had short arms?

geofflambert -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 2:23:14 AM)

my human costume had long arms. I couldn't go to school looking like I do.

Canoerebel -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 2:38:59 AM)

I would hijack this thread if I understood it. I didn't understand the initial question nor most of the replies.

Quick! Somebody post a photo of a beautiful woman so that we veer back into the comprehensible!

BBfanboy -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:10:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I would hijack this thread if I understood it. I didn't understand the initial question nor most of the replies.

Quick! Somebody post a photo of a beautiful woman so that we veer back into the comprehensible!

Here you go - a body-painted salute to our Kiwi allies featuring Kimbra in the video for Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know":

[image]local://upfiles/35791/8324CD41E1554BA89B0A6591BEC7C8BD.jpg[/image]

wdolson -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:19:57 AM)

So is this a Gorn masquerading as a T-Rex?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPl8mtSmPw

Canoerebel -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:41:17 AM)

No, no, no. I mean a beautiful woman.

[image]local://upfiles/8143/DFB513BF2D844AB89F0E70E850E1205E.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 6:33:26 AM)

quote:

warspite1

Er...okay

[image]local://upfiles/28156/F8E68F9CFE2940738DE6F0A76119B717.jpg[/image]

Orm -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 7:31:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Seeing Betelgeuse?

That is interesting. Is it just mistaken dating? I've long been convinced the universe must be infinite, as no rational alternative exists in my view, and we were bound to find older structures as the "Big Bang" must have been merely a local event. Most of the neighborhood nearby what we see is probably cold, dead and black.
I'm thinking our local area (everything we can see) is actually unusually dense and that there's likely a black hole somewhere going 'big bang' somewhere all the time.

You made me ponder on whether The Big Bang is the result of God being bored and firing fireworks, or not.

Orm -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 7:33:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Er...okay

Big, red, and roundish. Eh?

I need help.

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 9:47:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Er...okay

I need help.
warspite1

No I was just answering a specific request - nothing to do with the OP. Speaking of which, I wonder if we are going to get an answer here???

Orm -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 10:21:24 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Er...okay

I need help.
warspite1

No I was just answering a specific request - nothing to do with the OP. Speaking of which, I wonder if we are going to get an answer here???

Indeed.

I have a dirty mind. Hence I need some help. [:)]

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 10:46:17 AM)

Bad Orm! [:-]

I suggest young man that you spend less time thinking naughty thoughts and more time ensuring destruction of the Axis forces in Spain and environs [;)]

Orm -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 11:31:03 AM)

quote:

I suggest young man that you spend less time thinking naughty thoughts and more time ensuring destruction of the Axis forces in Spain and environs [;)]

But... but... but, the answer is always boobs. [:(] [;)]

geofflambert -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 12:59:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

I resemble that remark

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:00:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Ah boobs. Indeed it is Ormster, indeed it is.

BBfanboy -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:32:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Hey! No talking politics here! [:-]

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:36:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Just to be clear, this was NOT a political comment. The was a deeply philosophical point that my learned colleague has raised, and one I think, that we would all do well to remember. Indeed this should be at the forefront of our thinking....hell I know they're at the forefront of mine....

SPOILER ALERT
So with all due respect to the late great Mr Douglas Adams, the answer to life, the universe and everything is not 42..... its boobs.

BBfanboy -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:39:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Just to be clear, this was NOT a political comment. The was a deeply philosophical point that my learned colleague has raised, and one I think, that we would all do well to remember. Indeed this should be at the forefront of our thinking....hell I know they're at the forefront of mine....

So with all due respect to the late great Mr Douglas Adams, the answer to life, the universe and everything is not 42..... its boobs.

"Hitchhiker's Guide" is an ongoing thread - it is bad form to be giving away its secrets! [X(]

warspite1 -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:40:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

"Hitchhiker's Guide" is an ongoing thread - it is bad form to be giving away its secrets! [X(]
warspite1

What does that mean?

BBfanboy -> RE: I Spy (9/24/2016 3:41:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

What does that mean?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3577887

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI