2 minor bugs that don't affect the game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Stukadawg -> 2 minor bugs that don't affect the game (5/10/2001 12:35:00 PM)

On the upgrade screen, between scenarios in campaigns (I'm playing the full WW2 one), the armor values at the bottom of the graphic are messed up. The lower halves of the characters becomes two joined loops, like an 8 laying on it's side. I only noticed it on this screen. It happens when I put the mouse over a vehicle its values are displayed. The other is during gameplay, when I use the target button to see what targets are in range of the firing unit. About 3 or 4 times now, I'd target on something that wasn't there, although there would be a description of the target's type. If I cycle through the other units, the invisible unit won't come up again. Is this a bug or is it something in the spotting rules that I missed (which seems likely since I haven't read the manual yet)? Neither of these ruin the game in any way and the program has been running even more reliably than the SSI releases of SP (which never gave me a problem unless I got ridiculous with the scenario editor). Since I've been playing this game I've been on cloud nine. I've wanted this game before I even knew it existed, since I first looked upon little blue tanks and said, "Blue?" Thanks, Le Hound de Stuk P.S.: When I run over a mine, don't I get a savings throw? (just screwing with ya's)

Voriax -> (5/10/2001 3:49:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Stukadawg: The other is during gameplay, when I use the target button to see what targets are in range of the firing unit. About 3 or 4 times now, I'd target on something that wasn't there, although there would be a description of the target's type. If I cycle through the other units, the invisible unit won't come up again. Is this a bug or is it something in the spotting rules that I missed (which seems likely since I haven't read the manual yet)? Thanks, Le Hound de Stuk P.S.: When I run over a mine, don't I get a savings throw? (just screwing with ya's)
Sounds like you have the 'limited intel' setting on. The unit that still has that enemy in it's sights fired at it earlier, right? So when the next turn starts it sorta remembers that target even though it's not visible any more...read the manual, I'm sure it's explained in there in a more coherent way :) Oh and the mines..yep, you *do* get a savings throw...the *boom* happens when you failed it ;) Voriax

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI