RE: Magic Torpedoes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/28/2016 7:20:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Yup comb.fleet is no command HQ, but I believe it is just a "left over" from early period of the war (maby it should be withdraw?). This is why I was confused when ppl said 4. fleet supplies torps, and I checked the combfleet and it does not. But asfaik you also can not assign new units to comb.fleet - so seems "obsolete" eg. you get naval eng units which will combine with some snlf to base forces. But one of them is under combfleet. The other also under some HQ which seems oboslete. The deal is one needs to change both units HQ to combine them (pretty expensive) - but perhaps I am blind and did not find the HQs in the list [:(]

You can assign ships to combined fleet tho. If you want you can order your ships via the Naval HQs.
Combined Fleet is also part of Southern army HQ so you can shuffle assignment of units cheaply if needed to combine the base forces.

Alfred -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/29/2016 11:52:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

AKEs can turn supply into aerial torpedoes. So despite the small size of the port, if an AKE were present those torpedoes could be present given sufficient supply. Could an IJN AKE supply an IJN Betty squadron with those torpedoes? I don't know. Apparently no one else who's posted here knows either. Is there an AKE in port? Is there any sort of CV or CVL that has an inventory of those in port? Type 91 torpedoes are used by both Betties and Kates. Somebody wanted to figure out how this could happen. Just trying to help.

From all I've read and experienced in the game I'd say no. AK/AKE will only supply to ships/subs.

Chris H is correct, but for newbies a small clarification is in order.

An AE or AKE will not provide torpedoes for land based air units. However they can replenish the "torpedo sorties" of an aircraft carrier, thereby allowing torpedo bombers embarked on the aircraft carrier and appropriately qualified for operations off an aircraft carrier, to attack with torpedoes.

Alfred

geofflambert -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/29/2016 1:58:28 PM)

Thanks Alfred as always. So do we have a definitive answer here? Is it that the 4th Fleet HQ and the Southeast Area Fleet HQ are idiosyncratic in their ability to provide torpedoes with no distinguishing characteristic that informs us of that, we just have to know? I'm getting my notebook out to write it down. I might break out my post-it pad too. I have a number of them, call them "stickies" on my monitor for reference to esoteric stuff like this.
Here for example is one that tells me when the bad guys bad boys show up and where. One that reminds me where my airborne units are or where and when they appear, then one to remind me when historically certain places fell so I can see how I'm doing.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/CFD8FE0392F24F28B39FC297A20F507F.jpg[/image]

rustysi -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/29/2016 10:10:39 PM)

quote:

Is it that the 4th Fleet HQ and the Southeast Area Fleet HQ are idiosyncratic in their ability to provide torpedoes

Its not just these, they are Command HQ's, and any Command HQ's may supply torpedoes by expending supply. I believe Japan has seven Command HQ's and they are all capable of supplying torps. I don't recall which they are exactly, but there's one in Japan proper, a permanently restricted one. I also believe the Southeast Area Fleet starts there, but that may be moved. There's one in China. Then Southern HQ is a command Hq, and there are some others that I don't remember. One, two, maybe three.

Remember the key thing here is that they are Command HQ's, and this may be seen in the units' title. Hope this helps.

adsoul64 -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/30/2016 3:38:17 PM)

quote:

I believe Japan has seven Command HQ's and they are all capable of supplying torps. I don't recall which they are exactly, but there's one in Japan proper, a permanently restricted one. I also believe the Southeast Area Fleet starts there, but that may be moved. There's one in China. Then Southern HQ is a command Hq, and there are some others that I don't remember. One, two, maybe three.

You can see the list of your active Command HQs atop the Large Strategic Map.

geofflambert -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/30/2016 8:41:30 PM)

Thanks, I see it.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/DA8E6E4ACFD54659A77D76328F008C8A.jpg[/image]

rustysi -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (9/30/2016 11:03:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adsoul64

quote:

I believe Japan has seven Command HQ's and they are all capable of supplying torps. I don't recall which they are exactly, but there's one in Japan proper, a permanently restricted one. I also believe the Southeast Area Fleet starts there, but that may be moved. There's one in China. Then Southern HQ is a command Hq, and there are some others that I don't remember. One, two, maybe three.

You can see the list of your active Command HQs atop the Large Strategic Map.

D'oh, its been starring me in the eye the whole time and I missed it.[:D] Thanks.

Zigurat666 -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (10/5/2016 9:33:58 PM)

Interesting development with this topic. Since the original post I have moved in a Air HQ with torpedo capacity. The capacity is set at zero and the betties torpedo setting is red. I think based on this that the Command HQ will not distribute torpedos with an Air HQ present even when there are no supply of them

geofflambert -> RE: Magic Torpedoes (10/5/2016 9:50:04 PM)

I believe the commander of the Air HQ is an in-law of the Command HQ's commander who's no longer on speaking terms with him.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI