combat reports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Zigurat666 -> combat reports (9/29/2016 1:28:33 PM)

Are combat reports the same for both sides? My opponent is asking me to also send my combat report with my turn sends.
I thought they were different? So say for example it lists one of my ships sunk...kind of takes away FOW

Yakface -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 1:35:50 PM)

The combat reports are the same, the operation reports are different. It's fine for him to request the combat report......but not the operational report

BillBrown -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 1:35:52 PM)

They are supposed to be the same. By sending it to him he can check to see what really happened.

btd64 -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 2:13:33 PM)

With FOW the combat reports will be different. He could use them to see just how good or bad he is doing. Op reports, the same deal. Bottom line, SEND HIM NOTHING BUT YOUR 001 and/or 003 files....GP

dr.hal -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 2:19:42 PM)

I agree with GP, send only the 001/003 files. It is a strange request, what was the rationale behind the request???

BillBrown -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 2:40:09 PM)

Even with FoW, they are the same. If the Allied player suspects he has a combat replay sync problem he can use the sent one to check.

Anachro -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 2:59:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown
Even with FoW, they are the same. If the Allied player suspects he has a combat replay sync problem he can use the sent one to check.

+1 That said, it's generally not needed. Maybe work it out that if he notices a sync issue he can request the combat report, but it shouldn't be needed every turn.

Yakface -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 4:11:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Yup. As the Japanese player I generally send the combat report and as an Allied player I request them.....purely for keeping an eye on sync

BillBrown -> RE: combat reports (9/29/2016 4:43:35 PM)

The correct combat report is embedded in the turn. When you click on the combat report in game it does not use the generated on in the text file, but one embedded in the turn file.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI