U 96 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

comsubpac -> U 96 (10/24/2016 1:32:42 PM)

Maybe not exactly the right time frame but the last surviving crew member of U-96 has decided to release his diary and has given an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpjK_DiSbuk

cns180784 -> RE: U 96 (10/24/2016 2:00:22 PM)

Would be able to watch that interview if it had english subtitles...

mikmykWS -> RE: U 96 (10/24/2016 3:56:54 PM)

Cool thanks for posting this (comsubpac).

Mike

comsubpac -> RE: U 96 (10/24/2016 4:46:45 PM)

Yes, I know but its from a small local newspaper from Oldenburg. In this part of the Interview he talks about Lothar-Günther Buchheim (the author of Das Boot) and how he had to repair and clean his cameras several times.
Additionally to the short YouTube clips they are printing parts of his diary in the newspaper. The first two parts were really interesting.

Apparently he was invited to visit the film studios when Das Boot was produced and even made annotations to the script but he is still annoyed that his advise was ignored. He says the movie has nothing to do with reality.

I have to say for a 100 year old veteran he seems to be really fit.

cns180784 -> RE: U 96 (10/24/2016 5:18:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Cool thanks for posting this (comsubpac).

Mike

Have you looked into the issue posted by jph about clarification on weapon state RTB?

Yea it was a good find by comsubpac just a shame its in German.

mikmykWS -> RE: U 96 (10/24/2016 5:31:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: comsubpac

Yes, I know but its from a small local newspaper from Oldenburg. In this part of the Interview he talks about Lothar-Günther Buchheim (the author of Das Boot) and how he had to repair and clean his cameras several times.
Additionally to the short YouTube clips they are printing parts of his diary in the newspaper. The first two parts were really interesting.

Apparently he was invited to visit the film studios when Das Boot was produced and even made annotations to the script but he is still annoyed that his advise was ignored. He says the movie has nothing to do with reality.

I have to say for a 100 year old veteran he seems to be really fit.

Yeah lot of the WW2 vets are like that. They built them tougher back then!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI