RE: Does the Soviet AI need help? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

jjdenver -> RE: Does the Soviet AI need help? (11/16/2016 1:23:59 PM)

I hear that you are being methodical, careful, etc HVS. But still, there should be losses I think. Both side have tanks, artillery, guns - and the Soviets seem to be shooting mostly blanks. It's just frustrating to see very few losses on the screenshots when entire Soviet corps and armies are being eliminated. I don't think this models actual WW2 East Front - whether at a fast pace like 1941 or a slow pace like Kursk. Even in WW2 situations where there was a relateively well supplied, methodical attack: El Alamein, Kursk, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Bulge, etc - both sides took losses. It's unavoidable with relatively equal technology. Unless one side has jets, body armor, 20 year future superior AFV's, and guided missiles and the other doesn't, I don't see how the lack of losses can be justified in the design. Even in Poland the Germans took noticeable losses vs a vastly inferior foe.

apec -> RE: Does the Soviet AI need help? (11/16/2016 2:12:00 PM)

I also think that the loss ratio SU vs Axis ground units looks rather unrealistic, but the game looks quite balanced anyway.
Consider the figures of MPPs (losses vs incomes) posted by HvS in his AAR (see below for reference), they tell that SU is far from being defeated. On top of these figures one must add the fact that any Soviet unit replacement cost significantly less than the corresponding Axis unit. I may be wrong here but I think that overall the Axis is not winning the "war economy" in 1942, and HvS has played an excellent game so far (at least for my standards [:)] ).

" Putting this together, the Axis lost 7.596 MPPs and the Allied 15.766.
So the ratio is roughly 1:2. In 1941, the ratio was around 1:4.
It is quite obvious the Allies have learned to fight.

Let us also have look on the income per turn.

Germany: 880
Itals: 125

Axis: around 1.000

Soviet Union: 1.180
British Empire: 270
USA: 480

Allies: almost 2.000

So the Allies outproduce me.
I will not get to Moscow if I cannot change this. "

GavCol -> RE: Does the Soviet AI need help? (11/16/2016 6:24:47 PM)

The AAR has been brilliant but I was rooting for the computer (sorry hvs) with its mop advantage
Therefore it did remind me of the unstoppable juggernaut previous versions

However credit card out for tomorrow
Thanks all for putting.pushing forward a game I'd previously spent huge time on

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI