just wondering (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Wolfleader -> just wondering (4/24/2003 3:46:20 AM)

whenever you load an infantry squad onto a tank or apc that doesn't have enough space, do the surplus infantry units that were unable to board that vehicle get counted as casualties at the end of the battle and will you need to expend points to repair that infantry squad at the end of the battle (providing they don't take any combat casualties.)

Supervisor -> (4/24/2003 4:05:58 AM)

They not suppose to be counted as casualties, and the entire squad should return in the next battle provided they don't get killed off in first battle.:D :)

Belisarius -> (4/24/2003 5:10:23 AM)

Not answering your question, I just like to say that don't take the casualty report too literally. I'm convinced the game can't count. :D

I've always been a bit suspicious if not the infantry losses were a bit exaggarated. So I made a quick test; lined up a bunch (30) Shermans for butchering by the hands of 20 Tigers. Tigers shot up the tanks one by one, gunning down crews as they ran away. Tigers suffered no losses. (ok ok this was also a test to see if a regular 76mm M4 had a snowball's chance in h*ll vs. a Tiger at 20 hexes...)

End score counted U.S. personnel losses higher than was ever present on the battlefield! And yet there were unscathed tanks and crews remaining on board. :cool:

Any idea why?

john g -> (4/24/2003 6:18:29 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]Not answering your question, I just like to say that don't take the casualty report too literally. I'm convinced the game can't count. :D

End score counted U.S. personnel losses higher than was ever present on the battlefield! And yet there were unscathed tanks and crews remaining on board. :cool:

Any idea why? [/B][/QUOTE]

It worked fine here, two tigers vs 5 shermans, at the end 25 men dead and 5 vehicles destroyed. In your case were any of the vehicles abandoned? That might skew the numbers.
thanks, John.

M4Jess -> (4/24/2003 6:17:19 PM)

Hey you two!! stop picking on my ride! Shoot up a Cromwell or somthing....:mad: sissys :mad:

WhiteRook -> Darn right1 (4/25/2003 10:16:18 AM)

Yeah if they want to blow things up - why not T-34's! :D

Orzel Bialy -> Awwwwwwww.... (4/25/2003 10:30:07 AM)

but Shermans burn some much brighter and that lead based green paint gives off the best smoke!!! :D :D :D

AngryDeemon1 -> (4/25/2003 8:01:58 PM)

because a t-34 can shoot back:) Plus it really, REALLY mean family members:)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI