stuck after combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

carpenkm -> stuck after combat (11/20/2016 10:17:59 PM)

keep getting this bug. resolve a combat invading japan. the game then hangs saying that Germany needs to do something, but no window or action is available.
any thoughts. everything seems to be working - the game is running and I can open other windows etc but no way to proceed? any ideas?
thanks

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: stuck after combat (11/21/2016 5:00:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: carpenkm

keep getting this bug. resolve a combat invading japan. the game then hangs saying that Germany needs to do something, but no window or action is available.
any thoughts. everything seems to be working - the game is running and I can open other windows etc but no way to proceed? any ideas?
thanks

The saved game is after the invasion phase (the game is in Axis Air Rebase), so I can't use it to recreate the problem.[:(]

Besides a new saved game, I could also use more information about what units attacked where and what the decisions and results were.

If I can't recreate a problem, it is rare that I can fix it.

carpenkm -> RE: stuck after combat (11/21/2016 7:57:53 PM)

OK Steve. Try this.
Three attacks to resolve. One in France, one in the middle east and an invasion of Japan (Nagasaki). I've run it three times in various orders.
All three attacks were successful. You have to rebase the Vichy convoys -
only place is Marseille where they over stack the base and have to be destroyed. everything works, but at the end there seems to be no way for the game to progress- no window or green end phase? Any help appreciated.

carpenkm -> RE: stuck after combat (11/21/2016 8:00:46 PM)

Ok. I tried it again. This time I didn't advance in the middle east and lost the France attack. It moved on, so at least I can progress the game - although Churchill isn't too pleased!

Centuur -> RE: stuck after combat (11/22/2016 5:05:48 PM)

I get a warning that the gamesave is damaged when loading the game. This might cause the problems which are happening with the game. It also makes it questionable if the bug is caused by the damaged game or with a bug in the code.

carpenkm -> RE: stuck after combat (11/24/2016 6:31:20 PM)

Thanks Peter. Yes that could be the issue, although it has been doing that since about 1943! Everything seems to be functioning ok otherwise.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI