Quick question about advanced strike planner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

tango4 -> Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 5:22:07 PM)

Hi again guys,
I just read Paul BRIDGE's excellent interview on wargamer.com.
He mentioned many exciting new features in the pipeline, but made no mention of the advanced strike planner.
That would clearly be my number one request as I feel overwhelmed when trying to plan complex strikes, having to wait for aircraft to be airborne to edit their route, etc, and quite prone to making errors.

Well, anyway, the object of my post is not to start any argument over which feature would be the best as it obviously varies from player to player (and possibly fro dev to dev [8D])
I'd just like to know if this topic is still in the pipeline and if it has been mentioned somewhere else.

I can only wish you guys a bright future for your company as it is well deserved. You created something quite unique... and awesome !

Cheers.

Charles

mikmykWS -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 6:17:12 PM)

Hi

Strike planner is still on our list and actively being worked on. We don't have a release date for it yet.

Thanks for your kind words!

Mike

tango4 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 6:26:43 PM)

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, exactly what I wanted to know.

Charles

severe7 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 7:29:49 PM)

I feel stupid for asking, but since it comes up now and again in the community I might as well take the opportunity to ask, what exactly is a "strike planer", what does it do?

Cik -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 7:32:22 PM)

it's where you plan strikes. the mission system in the game is a strike planner, of sorts (though not entirely literally)

also used as a job title. "that's dave, he's a strike planner"

though i don't think it's an official job title.

when they say "advanced strike planner" what they mean is an expanded set of tools for designing missions for the aircraft you are given, a suite of long-awaited tools for sophisticated mission planning.

mikmykWS -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 7:51:32 PM)

Yeah you'll be able to dive down into the minute details of a strike plan and set specific parameters etc. Features will include time on target, weapons waypointing etc.

We'll ask the dev working on it to post more details soon.

Thanks!

Mike

tango4 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 9:36:08 PM)

You got me thirsty Mike [;)]
I sincerely can't wait for that one.
If you got it right, it has the potential to move the air game to a whole new level.
But I can only imagine how difficult it must be to implement (especially if the dev team wants to keep all their brain cells alive at the end !).

Cik -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 9:54:24 PM)

WTOT alone will be a revolution.

here's hoping though that the game can handle the extra overhead. depending on how it's implemented it could be CPU intensive, to the extreme

mikmykWS -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/22/2016 10:32:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cik

WTOT alone will be a revolution.

here's hoping though that the game can handle the extra overhead. depending on how it's implemented it could be CPU intensive, to the extreme

Half empty kind of guy huh?

Good thing we aren't[:)]

Mike

Cik -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 12:23:32 AM)

i don't mean to be. some days i guess.

i'm happy WTOT will be in. it's going to make things easier and more precise. might even allow strike package rolex after takeoff, by modifying WTOT you can induce a loiter behavior while CAP clears the area.

i'm interested to see what all will be in it. the glass half empty is that it's not done yet [:)]

severe7 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 8:02:21 AM)

Thanks for the explanations, are these functions done mostly by people or computers in the real world? Is there something like a person who has to calculate how much fuel is being used by a tomahawk missile?

Rory Noonan -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 8:58:41 AM)

A surprising amount of things were done on pen & paper (actually chinagraph most of the time) when I served; so I'd say there's a high likelihood that the answer is yes.

Gunner98 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 9:53:13 AM)

I believe that it is mostly automated now. Set in all you parameters, any fixed restrictions etc and hit 'Calculate' change it up and run it again until you fine tune it to what you want. It's the thinking behind how to do the strike that's important vice the calculations, which is probably a change for the better these days.

The entire ATO is built by a program now then checked and run a few times to test it, etc

I think 'strike planner' is a task. A planning team will have experts from all of the capabilities involved and a 'lead planner' (job title) gets the task to put the whole thing together.

I haven't seen a chinagraph in a long time[:D] - does bring back memories though

B

Rory Noonan -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 8:36:25 PM)

Way to make me feel old! I'm only 31! [;)]

Gunner98 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 8:43:29 PM)

quote:

Way to make me feel old! I'm only 31!

I'm dammed near double that![sm=00000436.gif]

This is the high tech piece of kit I learned to compute gunnery data on!!

[image]local://upfiles/16451/8EC42524794F456F95800D950A11C7BE.jpg[/image]

stilesw -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/23/2016 9:54:22 PM)

Old!?

Here's my first "calculator".

-Wayne

[image]local://upfiles/49187/4BAB24B579544A29A13F52C94E1D0CA5.jpg[/image]

Maromak -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (11/24/2016 8:24:20 PM)

Former morse code operator checking in... 22wpm.

AlphaSierra -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/15/2017 11:23:42 AM)

Maneuvering boards and status plots were all done by hand. I'm more than a little concerned that automation may have completely replaced the "old" methods hopefully someone on these ships like the Fitzgerald can actually maneuver a ship without computers to help.

Gunner98 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/15/2017 1:02:00 PM)

Thinking about the Fitzgerald... this comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsdUgEgJrY

Not belittling the tragedy, but this makes more sense then some of the conspiracy theories raging out there.

Stalin46 -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/15/2017 3:57:27 PM)

Such a question: is it planned to add a more complex flight model for missiles (engine operating time, max. overloads for the missile and targets, etc.)?

AlphaSierra -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/15/2017 6:34:16 PM)

The concerning thing about this accident was the Fitz clearly being DIW. There is no paint scraping evidence on either ship indicating they attempted to avoid each other.

Plenty of reasons a ship can be DIW

CCIP-subsim -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/17/2017 7:00:38 PM)

Nevermind the strike planner, you guys have me intrigued about these "vintage" planning tools now! [X(]

Do you have any [unclassified] examples or sources for planning/timing tools used for building ATOs before things went digital?
I feel like they could be useful to the enterprising CMANO player while we wait for our own AI strike planner to catch up [:)]

.Sirius -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/17/2017 9:13:28 PM)

No that takes me back

.Sirius -> RE: Quick question about advanced strike planner (7/17/2017 9:14:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

quote:

Way to make me feel old! I'm only 31!

I'm dammed near double that![sm=00000436.gif]

This is the high tech piece of kit I learned to compute gunnery data on!!

[image]local://upfiles/16451/8EC42524794F456F95800D950A11C7BE.jpg[/image]

Now that takes me back all I need now is a rake marker for a gunnery throw off shoot

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI