RE: String of Pearls Project (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

magi -> RE: String of Pearls Project (2/27/2017 7:43:28 PM)

Kevin has the forward base being created with the sea base assets ..... it will be able to handle STOL aircraft..... there are enough assets and munitions to complete the Alpha mission of destroying red-base and they're shipping… you will find some support aircraft at the Indian airbase.... However (I believe) it's very challenging as red have layers of defense… And the J 31s are very formidable .....

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (2/27/2017 10:41:38 PM)

Additionally, testers, please comment on the sea base mechanics and establishment of the temporary A/F since they will play a big part in the rest of the String of Pearls scenarios if the sea base idea is well received.

Kevin

Dysta -> RE: String of Pearls Project (3/9/2017 2:27:28 AM)

Although it's an economical approach of the (Maritime) Silk Road described in this article, it has important connection for Chinese strategy, and eventually, a potential security network along with its routes.

http://www.ssoar.info/ssoar/bitstream/handle/document/47175/ssoar-2016-aaltola_et_al-US_and_Chinese_Silk_Road.pdf?sequence=1

For instance, the military logistics need affordable alternatives just as much as the cooperation with neighbors. If all the Silk Road are just as open as civilian trading network, you may expect the convenience for transport and deploying military assets as well.

Especially with some economic corridors nearby China's adversaries, the more alternatives to project military strengths, the more like the economic development could be antagonized as military threat too.

TLDR, should the land based trading routes adding into the String of Pearl Project?

stilesw -> RE: String of Pearls Project (3/9/2017 1:00:57 PM)

PDF document re "U.S. and Chinese Silk Road initiatives" placed in the reference library. Thanks for the article.

Anyone who would like access to the Dropbox library please PM me with your email address.

-Wayne

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (3/14/2017 12:38:19 AM)

quote:

TLDR, should the land based trading routes adding into the String of Pearl Project?

Good idea. I just wonder how much "civilian traffic" would get in the way of military strikes. Of course weeding out the military from the civilian might be an interesting problem to solve.

Kevin

magi -> RE: String of Pearls Project (3/19/2017 4:22:19 AM)

Kevin.... i am posting v 2020b4.2 here where i fixed a couple of glitches...... no major changes...

magi -> RE: String of Pearls Project (3/21/2017 2:40:11 AM)

here is v 2020b5 with latest command updates....

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/2/2017 1:04:58 PM)

The scenario reside in the "ready" thread.

kevinkin & magi

jimmyblond -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/3/2017 12:43:03 PM)

You have chosen the SV-22A Osprey to do the inital landings. This is the dedicated ASW version of the Osprey. Please use the CV-22A Osprey instead.

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/3/2017 1:27:30 PM)

Thanks. We will make the correction shortly. Do not swap them now as that might mess up the event coding. Please lets us know any additional thoughts as you conduct operations.

Kevin

mikkey -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/3/2017 8:46:58 PM)

Nice scenario, thanks Kevin! I noticed one minor issue, that Counter and Supply counter are as a playable sides.

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/3/2017 9:45:08 PM)

Thanks for pointing that out. I never thought to close those sides down for play. This sim is as complex as the community is understanding of designers.

Kevin

Dysta -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/11/2017 4:18:19 AM)

Another PDF article about Belt and Road, this time it has mentioned can be served as a counter-encirclement, but still dismissive about its potential military purpose:

https://twq.elliott.gwu.edu/sites/twq.elliott.gwu.edu/files/downloads/TWQ_Spring2017_Rolland.pdf

Gunner98 -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/11/2017 10:32:06 AM)

Sent a PM. God's eye is enabled in build B5.

Thanks this looks very interesting.

B

kevinkins -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/11/2017 12:30:54 PM)

Thanks a million for the PM and I will update the scenario based on the suggestions. For the life of me, I "know" I turned God's Eye off. This has happened a few times now on different scenarios. Maybe there could be a setting to warn folks as they save the file. Or it's just turned off by default.

Kevin

stilesw -> RE: String of Pearls Project (6/11/2017 1:20:30 PM)

Dysta,

Thanks for the “Belt and Road Initiative” article. I've added it to the unofficial CMANO Reference Library. Again, anyone who would like to access this DropBox library, pleas PM me with your email address.

-Wayne Stiles

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI