Silly breakdowns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

ollittm -> Silly breakdowns (5/14/2001 1:37:00 AM)

I had a MC scout platoon suffer a vehicle breakdown.. Ok, so far so good, but all 9 bikes at once? Maybe they all drove over the same log?

G. K. Zhukov -> (5/14/2001 4:28:00 AM)

Motorcycle breakdowns should be treated as casualties... Your platoon should have suffered a casualty, not a collective breakdown!

Larry Holt -> (5/14/2001 9:44:00 AM)

The game just can't cause a unit to split up as part of the breakdown routine it seems. I guess that you can see this as the other unit members staying to help get the one breakdown mobile again. I have had motorcycles breakdown then become mobile later on.

ollittm -> (5/14/2001 6:34:00 PM)

If the guys were pulling in fire, I reckon it'd be every man for himself. Needs of the many surpass the needs of the few.. And in any case, I think it'd be unlikely that everyone would stay behind. Maybe leave one guy to help, but three people can't work on one bike at the same time.

Resisti -> (5/14/2001 6:57:00 PM)

Barleyman, there are other things that look strange in this game; first one to come in mind is the hand grenade malfunctioning:when one malfunction,guess what? the handgrandes are no longer available for that squad for the all game lenght ! The problem is that certain things simply cannot be modified,given the actual game engine. It should involve a complete code rewriting and this is what Matrix is doing with Combat Leader,so I'm afraid the only thing we can do is to learn dealing with these problems and wait for CL to be released...

Larry Holt -> (5/14/2001 8:29:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Barleyman: If the guys were pulling in fire, I reckon it'd be every man for himself. Needs of the many surpass the needs of the few.. And in any case, I think it'd be unlikely that everyone would stay behind. Maybe leave one guy to help, but three people can't work on one bike at the same time.
Small unit members are loath to leave their comrads, they will stay to help those that they have fought with rather than leave them behind. Perhaps the others were pulling perimeter security while the damaged one was being fixed.

halstein -> (5/14/2001 11:04:00 PM)

I think what's happens is this: One guy start fixing the bike. One guy assist him. The rest stands around giving "helpfull" advice. ;)

panda124c -> (5/14/2001 11:17:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by halstein: I think what's happens is this: One guy start fixing the bike. One guy assist him. The rest stands around giving "helpfull" advice. ;)
It's an LA Freeway Crash one breaks down the next one run into him then the next in line runs into the first two and so on. Until there is large pile of bikes in one hex spilling over into the next hex. :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI