Events/Script for newbies? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding

SIPRES -> Events/Script for newbies? (12/5/2016 11:13:22 PM)

I try to understand the script/events mechanism but so far I am a little bit confused by all the files (Unit.txt, decision.txt ect...) are they linked together?

Is there any tutorial?

For example as playing the Axis side how can I generate by script a garnison unit in warsaw, lets say few weeks after the fall of Poland?

thanks for your inputs

Christophe

pcpilot -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/6/2016 12:53:41 PM)

I haven't gotten into the scripting yet as I am still working on my first map. But if it is anything like SC2, it will all be .txt files. I would look at an existing script in one of the campaigns, that might help a little. Sorry cant come up with more for you.

BillRunacre -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/6/2016 4:15:32 PM)

Hi Sipres

Have you taken a look at part 2 of the Manual on Designing your own Campaigns as it does contains details on the scripts?

I'd also recommend opening up some of the script files and taking a look at the descriptions at the top, and actual scripts used in the game that will appear below them in the file.

prince_blucher -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 3:14:27 PM)

Hi, I've written a new decision and added it to \Campaigns\_1939 Storm over Europe\Scripts\Events\Decision.txt however it does not fire. Do I need to add the event name (the number - DE 674) in another files? Dies the event name (number) need to be sequential? My event does not appear within in-game scripts. Thanks.

Razz1 -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 4:20:28 PM)

I know one thing... You need to make sure that the DE number doesn't exist before you assign it. Can not have two numbers the same.

prince_blucher -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 4:23:57 PM)

Yep check that.

I guess I should update \Templates\Events\Decision.txt as well? Same decision file exists there by the looks of it. I'll try that anyways. <-- Nope that's an empty file.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 4:36:36 PM)

Check this from page 114, 2.1.4 :
You cannot save over a default campaign, instead you will have to use Save As and give it a new name.
So, open the default campaign, save it as a new name, THEN add you DE to your newly named campaign, and it should work.
It should look like this, where my campaign name is '653H' [W7 pictured] :

[image]local://upfiles/24850/2128703F70364C67BC50CF25797D757C.jpg[/image]

prince_blucher -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 5:45:30 PM)

Hello sPzAbt653, thanks for your reply. I try it now.

BillRunacre -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/18/2016 7:23:24 PM)

Once you've done File -> Save As and given your campaign a new name, you'll need to Update the scripts. It should ask you to do this during the save process.

prince_blucher -> RE: Events/Script for newbies? (12/20/2016 5:46:53 AM)

Thanks everyone. I understand now to load the editor, load the 1939 Campaign, save as XXX, and then edit decisions.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI