Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Tech Support

cwapp1967 -> Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (12/17/2016 3:17:40 PM)

I recently downloaded some modded scenarios and campaigns and wanted to know how to get the game to recognize them. Right now they are in either the scenario or campaign folders and the game doesn't recognize them.

Erik2 -> RE: Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (12/18/2016 9:22:13 AM)

You need to put them in the My Games etc Scenarios/Campaigns folders. Not the main game installation folder.

RussW -> RE: Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (12/18/2016 9:06:32 PM)

Sorry posted in wrong forum

Waffenamt -> RE: Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (12/22/2016 2:29:39 AM)

Hi Erik,

I'm also trying to get your custom campaign working and I'm just not getting it for setting this up. I've tried these 3 layouts below and it's not working either way. I've also tried changing WWII for WW2. Would you mind spelling it out for me? I'm really looking forward to trying this out. Many thanks. :)

x:\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Blitzkrieg39-40

x:\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Blitzkrieg39-40

x:\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Mods\Blitzkrieg39-40

Regards

Waffenamt -> RE: Getting mod scenarios or campaigns to work (12/23/2016 12:01:40 AM)

Hi,

I finally got this working. A kind soul posted this at the Slitherine site:

Extract the campaign folder from the zipped file. Locate the Campaigns folder in your Documents/My Games/Order of Battle - WW2 folder (that's on a Windows PC; I don't know where it is on a Mac). Move the campaign folder into Documents/My Games/Order of Battle - WW2 folder/Campaigns. When you start OOB, click "Custom content" on the Campaigns tab. Blitzkrieg 1939-40 may show up automatically but if you have other campaigns loaded, you may need to use the horizontal arrows to select it. NOTE: This is not the official DLC also called Blitzkrieg which you must purchase and install separately.

That was the first I heard of the campaign menu option! I noticed I had this set up OK, but I had 2 "Documents\My Games" folders. The (wrong) one I was using was mapped to a drive whereas the one I should have been using was the default, where the game was actually installed. I couldn't see the "Custom content" folder. By moving the campaign folder content to the correct location I finally saw the "Custom content"option.

Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI