Celebrating a veteran's retirement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

KG Erwin -> Celebrating a veteran's retirement (4/26/2003 6:59:45 AM)

One of my co-workers, Marine Sgt Richard Lipscomb, is retiring from service with the WV State Tax Dept next Wednesday, April 30. He served in the 1st Marines in Vietnam, and saw combat during his tour in 67/68. He was one of the uncounted thousands who brought back terrible memories that required medical leaves and counseling. He later became a valuable member to his community, a contributor of his time & effort to other vets in need, and a valuable employee of the State Tax Dept. He won't see this post, but I want to recognize him as a friend that I will sorely miss. He shared with me stories of his combat experiences that tormented him, and made me appreciate all that much more what he and others like him had to endure during that most terrible of America's wars. He is now 62 years old, and has many more years of community and church contributions ahead of him. He was a good marine, and he is a good man. Salute.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (4/26/2003 7:23:58 AM)

I am sure he would have thought it was all worth it, if just one fellow American appreciated his service as well as you do KG.

You do the man an honour with your tribute.

Sniperdoc -> (4/26/2003 9:25:20 PM)

Semper Fi.

Fair winds and following seas to Sgt. Lipscomb.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI