Gedunk Crusier (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

bartrat -> Gedunk Crusier (12/23/2016 1:51:43 PM)

Gedunk Cruiser
Last paragraph -> https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmoral/articles/20161223.aspx

Which ship is this in the game?
I need to know as a Japanese player it is vital I sink this important ship.

I already knew about the "reward" paid to destroyers or submarines by US Navy carriers for rescued flyboys [5 gal ice cream].

AW1Steve -> RE: Gedunk Crusier (12/23/2016 2:54:24 PM)

Probably not in the game. BTW the Soviets had their own "morale ship" during the cold war. It was a converted cruise liner that would visit soviet ships at overseas anchorages in places like Syria and Libya. USN analyst and patrol aircrew would come to name these floating bordellos "love boats". There were believed to be several.[:)]

Anachro -> RE: Gedunk Crusier (12/23/2016 2:57:41 PM)

This should be in the game and there should be a demoralizing effect any time an Allied player manages to lose it (let's say, 50,000 VPs). I request it in the next DBB update. [:)]

Dirtnap86 -> RE: Gedunk Crusier (12/23/2016 11:24:17 PM)

In the US Army, those ships were identified by the BRL (Barge, Refrigerated, Large) prefix. The following is from Wikipedia.

Largest unit of the Army's fleet is a BRL, (Barge, Refrigerated, Large) which is going to the South Pacific to serve fresh frozen foods — even ice cream — to troops weary of dry rations. The vessel can keep 64 carloads of frozen meats and 500 tons of fresh produce indefinitely at 12°F. Equipment on board includes an ice machine of five-ton daily capacity and a freezer that turns out more than a gallon of ice cream a minute. Three of the floating warehouses, designed for tropical warfare, have been built of concrete at National City, Calif., and cost $1,120,000 each. In the crew of the 265-ft. barges are 23 Army men.

Not even a Navy boat.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI