German attack causes Russian Shockwaves? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Ramblinman -> German attack causes Russian Shockwaves? (12/24/2016 5:56:42 AM)

This message usually appears in the 1st turn of the 1941 scenario, but doesn't appear regardless of my attack date (usually June 20 1941) into Russia for the 1939 scenario.

Does it really signify anything for the 41 scenario? It does seem that the readiness/morale of both the pre-mobilization and mobilization (strength 7 units that appear after I declare war) Russian units is considerably higher when I attack during the 1939 scenario versus their readiness/morale during Turn 1 of the 1941 scenario.

Curiously, this is the case even though the post-mobilization units in the 1941 scenario are displayed with a decent supply levels while the the post-mobilization units when I attack in the 1939 scenario are displayed as zero.

Game includes the normal split of Poland, Russian annexation of Baltics, attack on Finland, etc.

BillRunacre -> RE: German attack causes Russian Shockwaves? (12/24/2016 3:12:27 PM)

Hi Ramblinman

In the 1939 and 1940 campaigns, when the USSR enters the war a number of units are automatically deployed on the German border and these are easy to destroy because they are at zero supply.

However, I didn't want to have players be forced to start the 1941 campaign by declaring war on the USSR (this being the trigger for deploying those units in the earlier campaigns).

So instead these units are already deployed on the map with normal supply at the start of the 1941 campaign, with Germany and the USSR already at war with each other, and the script you've mentioned reduces Soviet unit morale and therefore makes their destruction much easier.

Unlike in the 1939 and 1940 campaigns, these units can be bought back cheaply in the 1941 campaign as they will almost certainly be destroyed with a supply value of 5 or greater, but overall the effects should be roughly comparable in all campaigns - the Axis have a good start to their offensive, and Stalin is worrying about his future in the Kremlin.

Ramblinman -> RE: German attack causes Russian Shockwaves? (12/24/2016 10:07:11 PM)

Hi Bill

Thanks for the response. I was worried I had messed up juggling the timing of my attack with the Russian mobilization, but your explanation makes sense.

Another question if you will regarding land-unit morale loss from forced marches: is their a standard number of turns required for full moral recovery?

Based on limited experimentation, it seems like sometimes it takes 2 turns and sometimes 3 turns.

Thanks again.

BillRunacre -> RE: German attack causes Russian Shockwaves? (12/27/2016 8:22:27 PM)

Hi

2-3 turns will be about right for recovery. Their strength, supply and the presence of a HQ are all factors here too, as they will help them get back to good morale and readiness quickly so you can confidently send them into combat again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI