"American Experience:Battle of the Bulge" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

KG Erwin -> "American Experience:Battle of the Bulge" (4/27/2003 2:46:52 AM)

I just watched the PBS video, and I'll say that this is one of the best documentaries of that battle, or any other battle, that has ever been produced. The primary focus is on the effects the experience of war and this particular campaign had on the American soldier. The interviews and the narration by David McCullough make this a masterpiece of documentary storytelling. I also appreciate the focus on the worst part of the campaign, which was not the initial German breakthrough and containment of the bulge, but the US and British offensive to drive the Germans back to their start line. For fans of the Bulge Campaign, the European Theater, or WWII in general, this is recommended viewing. Check with your local library, and if they don't have it, urge them to get this video. As a personal note, I'm grateful that the Kanawha County Library in Charleston WV has an impressive selection of documentary videos and DVDs relating to military history and history in general. My office is located two blocks away, so I'm a frequent visitor of this library during my lunch hour.

jzpops -> (4/27/2003 10:26:00 PM)

Thanks for the review.

Many of my relatives were at the Bulge (five total, I think), so it'll be nice to watch this.

I suppose I should have seen this on tv the first time :o , but I've been watching less and less tv these days. History and politics (and what we label "entertainment") can be so repetitive ;) .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI