Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usability problem. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Plukh -> Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usability problem. (5/20/2000 9:59:00 PM)

After about an hour playing SPWAW I have only one major usability gripe. Floating boxes that show when I'm/my opponent fire weapons. They are fine by themselves, but when they constanly pop in and out, I start to feel myself mighty nauseous (and that's after an hour of play, mind you). This feeling has been confirmed by everyone at the office, though to a smaller degree. Possible solution is to dedicate a fixed on-screen area (either at the top or bottom of the screen) for _all_ status messages (unit/terrain info and such).

Paul Vebber -> (5/20/2000 11:22:00 PM)

Turn Floating Text box OFF in the preferences. It will stay at the top of the screen

Plukh -> (5/21/2000 12:13:00 AM)

I've tried that option, and that's not exactly what I propose. The info box still pops on and off with each info update (I mean, pop box on, show info on firing main gun, pop off, delay, pop on, show info on firing MG, pop off, etc). It's the constant popping that gets on the eyes. I'd like this box to be permanently docked in one corner of the screen, with just the info in it changing from event to event (somewhat like the status bar on top of the screen in previous Steel Panthers games). [This message has been edited by Plukh (edited 05-20-2000).]

Wild Bill -> (5/11/2000 9:12:00 PM)

Set message delay to XXX and it will disappear so fast you hardly notice it. The downside is that you can't read it, of course. We'll put this on the list for possible fixes...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI