Reporting some minor and big mistakes... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Perfectionistul -> Reporting some minor and big mistakes... (4/28/2003 3:18:32 AM)

The Mountain Hunters (listed as "Munte" in SP:WAW) should benefit from a +10 experience/morale bonus because they (and the cavalry) were the elite of the Romanian Army.

And most importantly, increase the Base Experience, Base Morale and Base Leader Skill because the present values make simply no sense considering the fact that Romanian troops were awarded the most Knight's Crosses than any other non-German Axis nation. Even Russian partisans are rated better.

The Cz ZB.24 Rifle should have the same in-game specifications as the Kar98k (Max Range: 48, Accuracy: 16) because they are essentially the same rifles. In reality, the ZB-24 is an improved Czech variant of the 98k.

The 7.92mm ZB30 LMG should also have (at least) the same in-game specifications as its predecessor, the Czech ZB vz.26 LMG (Max Range: 48, Accuracy: 28) and its proper sound (588).

PS: If this was the wrong place to post please move the thread to its proper forum.

Perfectionistul -> (4/28/2003 3:55:45 AM)

Food for thought (in relation with the second point in my previous post):

Knight’s Cross recipients among Germany’s allies…

Romania: 18
Italy: 9
Hungary: 8
Finland: 2
Japan: 2
Slovakia: 2

And I quote Mr. Mike Ashcroft's post from http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=108085&messageid=986661592&lp=1023438699

[I]"I have already shown what could and could not be expected of Romanian troops in various situations. But they were still our best allies and did fight bravely in many places." Field Marshal von Manstein in his "Lost Victories" - p.311 of my edition.

"After World War II I asked my friend General Hans Speidel, who had commanded various mixed Axis contingents and became Field Marshal Rommel's chief-of-staff: "Which among all the non-German troops were the best soldiers: the Finns, the Croats, the Hungarians?" "None of them," he said: "the Rumanians. Give them good leadership and they are as good as any you'll find." Cyrus L. Sulzberger in his "A Long Row of Candles", p.79.

Field Marshal Paulus also thought them the best of the minor Axis armies, but as he was married to a Romanian his opinion must be regarded as possibly tainted.[/I]

The things I've just said should also apply for other games in which the Romanian troops are underrated (maybe War in Russia?).

Goblin -> (4/28/2003 4:16:34 AM)

I just checked, the Rumanian Munte's do get the 10% experience and morale bonus. Welcome aboard, by the way. :)

Goblin

Perfectionistul -> (4/28/2003 4:25:28 AM)

No, the Mountain Hunters are listed as average troops (no experience/morale bonus) in the current version -- 7.1

Thank you for the welcoming.

Goblin -> (4/28/2003 6:29:17 AM)

I just went and purchased them again, and they are listed as elite +10 troops. What year are you looking under? Maybe they change after a certain year. I checked June of '42.

Goblin

Goblin -> (4/28/2003 6:32:12 AM)

Ahhh! I see we are both correct. If you buy them as a Platoon, there is no Experience bonus. If you buy them as a Company, there is a bonus. That happens in the game alot, and I do not know why. I see it in tank and armored car units sometimes.

Goblin

KG Erwin -> Experience bonus at company level (4/28/2003 6:50:09 AM)

I suppose for C&C purposes, the game system encourages buying certain units in blocks of companies, rather than as individual platoons. I don't use C&C, but having the captains around certainly helps for rallying. This is purely speculation, but that's one possible explanation for the company-level experience bonuses.

Goblin -> (4/28/2003 6:54:08 AM)

True! That's probably it I think.

Still, you would think a bunch of swaggering, elite fighting men wouldn't say "The Captain, First Platoon, and Second Platoon aren't around, major bummer!" and lose 10 on morale, and then "The Captain isn't here to tell us how to kill that MG, what do we do?" and lose 10 on experience, lol.:p :D :p :D :p

I think I have seen it in the reverse too, where a Company isn't elite, but a platoon or section is...

Goblin

tracer -> (4/28/2003 7:26:13 AM)

Based on Gen. Hans Speidel's comment (quoted above), the 'company only' experience boost seems justified.

Perfectionistul -> (4/28/2003 8:24:08 AM)

I disagree tracer. If so, the Base Leader Skill would be useless. And besides... Speidel was certainly not speaking of company level leadership but something much more higher.

(BTW, when you "purchase" a platoon alone, the plt. will always be subordinated to a company HQ)

Warhorse -> (4/28/2003 6:51:58 PM)

I'm not 100% positive here, but I sorta remember from when I was on the oob team, that only company formations benefit from the formation modifiers!! I could be mistaken though...

Warhorse

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI