Best Leader Usage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Tollwut -> Best Leader Usage (1/8/2017 2:31:14 PM)

Hi folks,
It's me again the curious newbie.

This time my question is about leaders. I think I've understood the fundamentals of assigning them but am still somewhat unclear about certain specifics.

For instance: what is the effect leaders have on army and army group level? Obviously, on corps level their values affect your chances at actually winning battles. And army level commanders effect your CV and your MP, right?

But what about army group commanders? And on which level is it more important to have the best leaders? For instance in my game I just assigned Army Group Center to Model as he's obviously an awesome leader.

But was this a good call? Or would I have been better off with model commanding an army or a corps? A corps would seem like a waste for such a fine man.

Many thanks for any feedback.

swkuh -> RE: Best Leader Usage (1/8/2017 2:54:27 PM)

One plan could be to 1st replace the worst corps level leaders with corps level ranks. Rank plays an important role and higher commands have their roles, so get the best rated w/appropriate rank to GHQ, AG, and Army. Then sharpen corps as needed.

Tollwut -> RE: Best Leader Usage (1/8/2017 3:05:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrbill

One plan could be to 1st replace the worst corps level leaders with corps level ranks. Rank plays an important role and higher commands have their roles, so get the best rated w/appropriate rank to GHQ, AG, and Army. Then sharpen corps as needed.

yes indeed. That's essentially what I've been doing so far.

But what would interest me greatly is the exact effect that army, army group and GHQ commanders have.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Best Leader Usage (1/8/2017 3:10:38 PM)

Did you already scan the manual tollwut?
Good thread regarding some details of leader rolls: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3757207&mpage=2
In general: As higher the command, the more units a good leader can boost. But the probability that he will boost a single unit goes down as higher the HQ he commands due to range and HQ level multipliers.

TheOne -> RE: Best Leader Usage (1/8/2017 10:59:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tollwut

Hi folks,
It's me again the curious newbie.

This time my question is about leaders. I think I've understood the fundamentals of assigning them but am still somewhat unclear about certain specifics.

For instance: what is the effect leaders have on army and army group level? Obviously, on corps level their values affect your chances at actually winning battles. And army level commanders effect your CV and your MP, right?

But what about army group commanders? And on which level is it more important to have the best leaders? For instance in my game I just assigned Army Group Center to Model as he's obviously an awesome leader.

But was this a good call? Or would I have been better off with model commanding an army or a corps? A corps would seem like a waste for such a fine man.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Morale is the most important factor above the Corp level.

The rolls 2x for most things so infantry/tank #'s don't matter as much. So say at Corp level the rolls are based on 1-10 at army 1-20 ect

So other factors are more important above Corp level.

A chain with good morale #'s from OKH down to Corp level is HUGE over time.

Look at rule 15.6.1

Morale effects everything, initiative is also very important at the Corp level and above.

They both also have a big effect on air combat.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI