Fighter engagement via F1 behaviour question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

jarraya -> Fighter engagement via F1 behaviour question (1/9/2017 1:40:07 PM)

I've noticed a behaviour with fighters that I would like to check whether this is intended:

When I order a pair (or more) of fighters to attack another airborne target using the F1 Attack option, one of the fighters lights off the afterburner and heads towards the enemy to get into missle range. It then fires it's missiles, which many times leaves him alone, with no weapons and in range of the enemy fighters and with his wingman miles behind and out of range.

Is this behaviour deliberate?

Many thanks in advance.

Seufner -> RE: Fighter engagement via F1 behaviour question (1/12/2017 10:44:08 PM)

Yes did it recognize at "Engarde" One Rafale attacking the other wait.

Cik -> RE: Fighter engagement via F1 behaviour question (1/13/2017 12:11:20 AM)

i'm not sure if it's intentional, but at least it's smart.

in a two vs. many engagement (medium/long range radar) it is better to have a rotating shooter than two at once this is a little counterintuitive maybe but it works out. what i mean is:

as long as:
range is long/medium
the first shooter has TWS/LDSD capability
the first shooter has enough missiles to engage a reasonable percentage of the target(s)

then it's better to have one guy move up at burn, shoot, crank, beamdive, full defense (if required) then have the second guy support by coming up to the line and doing the same. then, exploiting the opportunity granted by the pitbulled missiles they can then both withdraw at burn.

this scenario holds true almost no matter how many aircraft are engaged. simply replace planes with formations. the ideal is a "grinder" where no hostile aircraft can press the disengaging shooting element because of a re-engaging defending element. properly done it's a "deathstar" that nothing can approach.

obviously it doesn't always work out like that and the game might be separating the two elements too much, but the theory is sound enough. IMO my only problem with the game's handling of BVR is that aircraft don't crank enough.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI