English Navy is Unbeatable (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon

Fullervc -> English Navy is Unbeatable (1/10/2017 3:41:24 PM)

Any thought on how to overcome the British fleet so I can invade? I attacked with a full French fleet against a 7 strength British fleet and lost all but one unit (Corporal level).

Seems like the British navy is way over strength as compared to the French.

Sheist -> RE: English Navy is Unbeatable (1/11/2017 12:23:03 AM)

Load up on navy when you get opportunities for recruits, plus cards like Early Class, Naval Stores, navy in Holland, etc. Wait for Storms and Mutiny cards, and then combine and move your fleets from Brittany against the smaller British fleets to free up the trapped smaller fleets, including scooping up the Danish navy card; combine and move to Ireland and wait for a final Storms card, then move into the Channel with a final Storms card. Try to wait and engage when you have more than a 2-to-1 ship advantage, and they have 3 or less ships against you. Ideally, you need 2 Storms cards to successfully invade Britain, but if you get lucky with stacks enough to move out of Brittany without one, then you can do it with one to enter the Channel. Once your combined fleet is large enough, the British fleet will not attack you (for some reason, when there is a large army even near a Channel port in France, their full fleet will not leave the channel), so station a full waiting invasion army on the Channel. Of course, you need some good dice rolls, so save game before doing.

Once you get a great advantage, you will see luck in capturing disabled vessels. More ships in line mean more shots at disabling. Always keep attacking one ship until it is disabled, then IGNORE it and move on to the next one. Once you have disabled most or all of their ships, their fleet will retreat and leave behind your prizes! (after 2 naval phases, of course)

Fullervc -> RE: English Navy is Unbeatable (1/15/2017 6:09:10 PM)

Thanks! That worked.

Zecke -> RE: English Navy is Unbeatable (9/30/2017 2:20:52 PM)

-

Tiger360 -> RE: English Navy is Unbeatable (10/24/2017 8:14:22 AM)

You just saved me a lot of stress Bro!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI