Bug in 5.01 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Sturm -> Bug in 5.01 (5/15/2001 3:36:00 PM)

Hi! Excellent as the new version is, I have found one annoying bug: It usually occours 1-3 turns into the game. Some of my units (any kind, no special ones) will target EITHER an objective hex, OR the upper left corner of the board, giving the distance as 999 hexes and chance to hit as 0. Neither of these need be in the units LOS. Seems pretty strange to me... :(

Mai Thai -> (5/15/2001 4:32:00 PM)

hi! Good work matrix, thanks a lot for what imho is the best game i ever played with Like sturm, sometimes this happens to me too during game I also found some units tend to keep a LOS on a destroyed target bye and keep the good work

panda124c -> (5/16/2001 1:54:00 AM)

I have seen this also one time it pointed to a hex in the middle of the map another time to the upper left hand corner.

Fuerte -> (5/16/2001 3:23:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Sturm: It usually occours 1-3 turns into the game. Some of my units (any kind, no special ones) will target EITHER an objective hex, OR the upper left corner of the board, giving the distance as 999 hexes and chance to hit as 0. Neither of these need be in the units LOS.
Yes, I had this one too. It was the first new flanking tutorial. My tank targetted a Stug in the middle of the map. I couldn't see the Stug, I only saw a field. I believe that I saw it in previous turn. Hitting N it targetted something invisible in the upper left corner. I fired at the Stug, and it even hit it. In the same turn one of my other tanks fired at the same Stug, and then I saw that Stug actually. The same problem happened again in the next turn. My first tank didn't see the Stug (only saw field) but it could target it and some KV-1 in the upper left corner (there was no such thing there). Alarming... never had such problems with 4.5. It seems that we need another quick patch. This was the first time I tried 5.0x.

Paulus Pak -> (5/16/2001 7:15:00 PM)

I had the same problem in Long, Long Road to Victory compaign, in the first scenario (Madness in Morocco). I was "able" to target one of victory points, with hit chance of 0% and range 999.

Sturm -> (5/18/2001 6:31:00 PM)

Follow up: I have now played up to several scenarios, and there seems to be no specific context in which this bug occurs... It seems to occur randomly - except I have not yet experienced this when firing in response to enemy fire. Sturm PS!! I love 5.01 more and more as I play it :)

Fuerte -> (5/19/2001 5:38:00 AM)

I have been playing the tutorial scenarios, which are nice, btw. This targetting bug happened in almost every game. Hitting the T key targets units that I don't see, and then hitting N skips to next target that I see, then hitting N keeps the second target. This is a fatal new bug introduced in 5.0x. I don't understand how this has escaped the beta testing. The other bug that I noticed is the old recon unit movement range display that is not working if C&C is on and I click on the unit. Because of this I again skipped a few movement turns because I didn't know that I could have moved those units.

Anthony_MatrixForum -> (5/21/2001 11:53:00 AM)

Yep, I have noticed this change as well. It seems that if a unit has target acquistion on an enemy unit, it can fire at that unit, even if the enemy is no longer visible. ---However, for me, the enemy unit that has this odd behavoir has always turned out to be visible to one or more other of my units -once you has selected that unit and changed facing a few time ie "looking around" It is like the game now checks to see what units can be seen if all units "look around", and keeps target locks on those units that _will_ show up sometime in the turn. The target lock on something at hex 999 maybe related and is definetly a bug. :( Still, all in all, having lots of fun in the Stalingrad campaign - I am going to be in trouble if those T34s keep on coming, and this is scenario#1 !!!!

Sturm -> (5/21/2001 1:16:00 PM)

Just a comment: When the upper left hand corner is targeted, we have a real BUG on our hands, because in 99.99% of the cases there will be no units there (at least no unit that you have previously targeted). As for targeting of Victory hexes, it seems that there is no enemy unit in the hex - in all the scenarios I've tested so far, this has happened "out of the blue", and quite often vs. target hexes quite far away from my unit. (Neither is there a "time limit" - I've had this happen very early, as well as quite late - and neither does it happen every time i play... ) Strange stuff... Sturm

Resisti -> (5/21/2001 2:47:00 PM)

I join the crew of those facing BOTH the above mentioned problem. :(

Mikimoto -> (5/21/2001 6:52:00 PM)

Hello. I have detected those bugs, too. And another funny thing: Sometimes the soviet crews of destroyed soviet tanks panic because HIS own tanks are moving! The message is: crewman panics! I think, IMHO, tank panic must affect infantry against enemy tanks. Not their own!!! PS, the crewmen are 12/20 hexes away from my stugs and grenadiers. They actually panic of their own tanks, during their turn movement.

DCruiser -> (5/21/2001 10:22:00 PM)

This centre/topleft corner targeting has happened to me too, in several different scenarios. It clears up as soon as I move the unit affected. End result is I'm sometimes moving units when I don't want to, but otherwise not serious. DCruiser

Sturm -> (5/22/2001 1:12:00 PM)

Similar problem: In a similar vein, units will sometimes also target friendly units... (is this meant to be so, or a bug?) Sturm

Peregrine Falcon -> (5/23/2001 12:46:00 AM)

SPWAW 5.01 One of my engineer squads once targeted an objective hex, which was around 20 hexes behind the unit. Range to target was reported as 45674m (!) :eek: Happened only once. That's not the worst bug though... :(

Paul Vebber -> (5/23/2001 1:06:00 AM)

we are looking into these things...as to crew tank panic - they wil panic based on SEEING enemy tanks - not proximity to tanks (though the probability is greater the closer they are it can still happen at long ranges.

Paul Vebber -> (5/23/2001 1:08:00 AM)

we are looking into these things...as to crew tank panic - they wil panic based on SEEING enemy tanks - not proximity to tanks (though the probability is greater the closer they are it can still happen at long ranges.

Kharan -> (5/23/2001 4:58:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: This is a fatal new bug introduced in 5.0x.
Nah, it's been there before... at least with artillery and in opfire. Or was it just in TCP/IP? Anyway, annoying... BTW, I managed to reproduce the bug with setting artillery and spec ops target hexes. To see it, select the first scenario "The Agony of Doom", go to unit U0 and press "B" and set the first mortars target. When you set the second unit's target somewhere else, the first target is moved there too.

BA Evans -> (5/24/2001 9:16:00 PM)

I also get the 'target 999' bug. BA Evans

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI