No AI!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

geofighter -> No AI!!! (1/17/2017 11:12:28 PM)

Hello,

Thanks to those who responded to my previous thread. I appreciate your help. It also felt good to see that my version of WIF is operating accordingly.

Okay, I just bought WIF after watching a bunch of tutorial videos. I was really looking forward to it. In one of the tutorial videos it showed and AI mode which I hoped to play when I got the game. Now I discovered it isn't there. There is no AI mode. That was a big reason why I bought the game and I fell a little cheated that it isn't there. Is this going to be put in an update?

Sincerely,

Geofighter.

Majorball68 -> RE: No AI!!! (1/17/2017 11:52:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofighter

Hello,

Thanks to those who responded to my previous thread. I appreciate your help. It also felt good to see that my version of WIF is operating accordingly.

Okay, I just bought WIF after watching a bunch of tutorial videos. I was really looking forward to it. In one of the tutorial videos it showed and AI mode which I hoped to play when I got the game. Now I discovered it isn't there. There is no AI mode. That was a big reason why I bought the game and I fell a little cheated that it isn't there. Is this going to be put in an update?

Sincerely,

Geofighter.

Hopefully one day but very hard to program a good AI with so many variables, its been a long work in progress for the developers. I am sure you will get many hours enjoyment solo learning the game than start looking for some PBEM games. They seem to be working quite well.

davidachamberlain -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 12:11:19 AM)

I do understand your concern. As mentioned by Majorball68, AI will be difficult. Remember that there can be 6 different players and 9 country/powers playing. The complexity will be through the roof. It is more complex than any game I have played.

I suggest that for now, you might want to focus on the Solo and one-on-one options that include Internet (Netplay) or someone sharing your machine in your home.

I am currently in progress with a 4 player (2 Netplay plus 2 TeamViewer) game with some people in different locations that we used to play game on a pingpong table for almost a year several years ago.

Dave

geofighter -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 12:54:15 AM)

Thank you. Looking forward to it!

geofighter -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 12:56:45 AM)

Thank you Major and David. I do wish one thing. Until the AI is done they should put a disclaimer on the video tutorial or take it down and redo it so that it doesn't show an AI option.

Majorball68 -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 2:26:28 AM)

Is netplay working?

geofighter -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 3:02:11 AM)

I haven't tried it yet.

paulderynck -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 3:02:57 AM)

Working NetPlay in the public beta should be coming soon.

I don't know what tutorial is being referred to here? The product page says clearly no AI yet. Perhaps the video was talking about production planning which is the closest we'll get to an AI for some time to come.

geofighter -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 3:20:25 AM)

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your reply. It is on the Matrix Games Tutorial Video "Chapter 7 Starting a New Game and Setting Up Units." I watched it on YouTube.

Here is a screen shot

paulderynck -> RE: No AI!!! (1/18/2017 6:41:42 PM)

Good point, it should have been greyed out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI