Transporting Artillery by Naval. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

ravenflight -> Transporting Artillery by Naval. (1/21/2017 2:53:40 AM)

Sorry Bill, found another, but I think this one will be easy. You can't transport Artillery by Sea.

This isn't accurate by the RaW. The corps doesn't even APPEAR, so you can't select it.

pzgndr -> RE: Transporting Artillery by Naval. (1/21/2017 12:59:28 PM)

I did a quick check and artillery should be loaded like cavalry? I saw a potential problem with how transport points were being calculated and fixed that for v1.21.04 but no guarantees yet.

ravenflight -> RE: Transporting Artillery by Naval. (1/21/2017 11:34:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

I did a quick check and artillery should be loaded like cavalry? I saw a potential problem with how transport points were being calculated and fixed that for v1.21.04 but no guarantees yet.

Personally, I don't think they should be like Cavalry. More like Infantry, but probably not even that size. A Grand Battery isn't anywhere close to the size of an Infantry Corps even when you count the train (given that an infantry corps also have a train), but can live with whatever is decided... so long as they can indeed be moved by sea :)

Pans -> RE: Transporting Artillery by Naval. (1/12/2018 2:46:11 PM)

with the Version 1.22.00 the naval transportation of artillery is possible at the cost of two heavy ships (like cavalry). Anyway I tried to find any word in the rules about this and found nothing. It would be nice to add a line concerning this.

pzgndr -> RE: Transporting Artillery by Naval. (1/12/2018 3:50:10 PM)

I like easy fixes. I updated the rules. I assume if it works with 2 heavy ships then it will also work with 1 transport. Thanks for the confirmation.
quote:

8.6.2 Naval Transport Capacity
Heavy Ship: 1 Infantry or 1/2 Cavalry or 1/2 Artillery factor.
Light Ship: 1/2 Infantry factor.
Transport Ship: 2 Infantry or 1 Cavalry or 1 Artillery factor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI