Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

kevinkins -> Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density (1/21/2017 3:08:46 AM)

When designing a AAW patrol for the computer player, the sector has a defined area. Realizing this question is scenario, ROE, and posture dependent, what would be a standard concentration or number of a/c assigned to say a 30 by 30 mile box in the modern era of warfare? I am looking for a rule of thumb to apply to the computer side. This will feed back into the OOB for the computer side factoring in the 1/3 rule and all other factors. Another way to ask the question: what is the a/c density per unit area required to control a given airspace contested by superpowers in 2017?

Kevin

Kitchens Sink -> RE: Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density (1/21/2017 1:00:15 PM)

I'm not sure there is a standard rule of thumb for this. I would say it is dependent on the aircraft AAW missile ranges for the assigned aircraft, and the perceived threat. A 30 x 30 nm area is pretty small if you are using AIM-120D's or PL-15 missiles.

For the computer side, I usually combine an AAW area with intercept mission(s) from the nearest base/carrier. The interceptors can respond quickly to threat changes, have variable distance setpoints for activation, and are independent on how many AAW Patrol aircraft are up at any given time.

kevinkins -> RE: Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density (1/23/2017 1:19:32 AM)

Thanks. So if we expand that to 60 X 60 nm would you fill that with 4 a/c? More? I like the interceptor idea. Never though about having a/c on the ready independent of the 1/3 rule. I guess they can be spoofed into action. But that would take a very wily player.

Kevin

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI