Dutch BC Art (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

John 3rd -> Dutch BC Art (1/26/2017 4:19:09 AM)

Need an art modder.

There is a move to allow the Netherland LBC Prince William to be added into one of my Mods and I need to know if anyone has something that looks like the Scharnhorst? The Prince William would have 2 Triple turrets up front and one behind. Really just need a piece of art that is Scharnhorst and we'd be good.

Thanks.

paradigmblue -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/26/2017 6:56:19 AM)

What I did to include the Prince William in Focus Pacific is simply take the Scharnhorst art and flip it horizontally.

cardas -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/26/2017 8:14:50 AM)

I'm assuming you are talking about the Project 1047 battlecruiser. In that case Gary Childress made a version of it ( http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3145366 ), it's included in the Plan 8-8-8 Light scenario that you can download at https://sites.google.com/site/garyswitpsite/. Ship art number 0614, with the ship class name "De Zeven Provincien" in the scenario

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/26/2017 1:51:50 PM)

Thanks cardas. Will look. I do believe that you have the correct class picked.

Paradigm: Do you have that ship art?

cardas -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/26/2017 3:21:19 PM)

You've probably seen the page on netherlandsnavy.nl that deals with the project, but for anyone else: http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/Special_battlecruiser.htm is worth the a look through.

A rather neat quirk about the initial requirements is that they called for four aircraft to be carried. Two reconnaissance planes but also two fighters.

DOCUP -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/27/2017 12:22:01 AM)

What float fighters would the have used?

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/27/2017 3:31:47 AM)

Dutch...maybe...

OK. I am a wise ass...the planes were C.XI-W.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/27/2017 3:34:35 AM)

I need a ship sil/side for an Eendracht-Class Dutch CL. It is detailed on Page 197 Cruisers of World War Two by Whitley. The ship will be named as planned as the Eendracht but more people know his planned sister De Zeven Provincien.

cardas -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/27/2017 2:05:49 PM)

I've made a version of Kijkduin/Eendrach/De Zeven Provinciën/De Ruyter(III) or whatever you'd call it. It's included in my "mod" (art/stat repository more like it), there's a download link in the "Ship shields and aircraft tops" topic. In the latest download it has ship art number 3542.

Or if you don't want to bother downloading the entire mod, then in this post the ship side and shield are directly available - though in .png format so you'd have to convert it to bmp.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/27/2017 2:11:39 PM)

GREAT! Will take a look at your work. THanks.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/29/2017 2:08:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cardas

I've made a version of Kijkduin/Eendrach/De Zeven Provinciën/De Ruyter(III) or whatever you'd call it. It's included in my "mod" (art/stat repository more like it), there's a download link in the "Ship shields and aircraft tops" topic. In the latest download it has ship art number 3542.

Or if you don't want to bother downloading the entire mod, then in this post the ship side and shield are directly available - though in .png format so you'd have to convert it to bmp.

Downloaded and now in the scenario. Our ship class statistical work was not too far off. Very nice work and appreciate it a bunch.

cardas -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/30/2017 9:50:41 PM)

Glad to be of assistance. Always nice to know someone has use of something you create.

Don't take my stats as any gospel by the way, I try my best to make it as accurate as possible but obviously I also make mistakes or simply guess when I lack information.

To add some curiosities about the Dutch plans which you might be interested in.
Contemporary newspaper sources I've read suggest that a naval expansion plan was started in 1937 that was to add a total of:
4 cruisers (presumably all Eendracht-class?)
3 flotilla leaders (have to be the Tromp-class then)
12 destroyers
24 submarines
8 minelayers
12 minesweepers
Of these 3 of the cruisers, all destroyers and 18 of the submarines were to be placed in the DEI. In addition 72 aircraft were to be purchased for the DEI. That's a rather ambitious increase of the naval forces - even without taking into account the later battlecruiser project. Clearly a bit too late though as most of these ships hadn't be finished - or in some cases even started - by the time the Dutch were overrun in Europe.

Also this is the Gericke gun that might have been what some of the Gouvernementsmarine ships ("Sm GM" class in the game) were outfitted with (image source: http://www.network54.com/Forum/330333/thread/1167257231/A+Companion+to+Dutch+light+calibre+guns,+1919-1942 ). I think I'd be somewhat demoralized if that's the only weapon aboard when you might encounter hostile Japanese ships or aircraft.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (1/30/2017 10:09:29 PM)

I'll check this out. Thanks.

oldman45 -> RE: Dutch BC Art (2/4/2017 5:03:03 PM)

I really do love this part of the forum, the things the members share in these posts is good stuff.

Big B -> RE: Dutch BC Art (2/6/2017 3:01:55 PM)

Here John, I just emailed you the original .bmp files
This is only a .jpg, the originals contain clean bmp's of ship back and transparent's...

Hope you can use them.

B

[image]local://upfiles/16855/A30ACBB0DFCA4E0E92E0127956678D33.jpg[/image]

traskott -> RE: Dutch BC Art (2/6/2017 3:15:02 PM)

[&o][&o] amazing Big B.. They look fantastic!

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch BC Art (2/6/2017 3:27:27 PM)

Got 'em. Wonderful work as always Brian!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI