MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

rkr1958 -> MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost (1/29/2017 2:07:18 AM)

I get a form I've never seen before, "Amount to adjust tension cost", when I select a US entry option. At first I thought I had "Set die rolls" enable but I didn't. I finally figured out this form modified the tension level for the roll to determine whether or not a chit is moved from the entry to the tension pool. The "default" for the form when it appears is -3, so I believe I need to set this value to 0 to get the correct tension level. If I'm correct about all this then this form I expect will be confusing to a lot of users, me included, and with a default of -3, result in too few chits being moved from the entry to tension pool. That is, I believe the user has to actively set the value to 0 every time an option is chosen. I suspect this feature was left in by accident when the public beta was made.

[image]local://upfiles/31901/5757DA8114F546788D82BD981904894C.jpg[/image]

rkr1958 -> RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost (1/29/2017 2:09:07 AM)

game file.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost (1/29/2017 2:57:44 AM)

This is not a bug. If is a standard part of the game. However, it comes up infrequently since there are preconditions which must be satisfied before the US gets the option to adjust the tension cost. Depending on what is happening in the game via-a-vis the US Entry and Tension Pools, the US player may want to increase or decrease the die roll. That adjustment is done blind - before the die roll. The US gets to reset the value every time there is a US Entry roll (caused by a US Entry Option being selected.

If you have relocated a sufficient fleet to Pearl Harbor (see entry option 26) and the entry option is aimed at Japan, you can increase or decrease the tension cost by up to 3 before rolling the die.

rkr1958 -> RE: MWiF 2.3.4, Adjust Tension Cost (1/29/2017 3:19:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

This is not a bug. If is a standard part of the game. However, it comes up infrequently since there are preconditions which must be satisfied before the US gets the option to adjust the tension cost. Depending on what is happening in the game via-a-vis the US Entry and Tension Pools, the US player may want to increase or decrease the die roll. That adjustment is done blind - before the die roll. The US gets to reset the value every time there is a US Entry roll (caused by a US Entry Option being selected.

If you have relocated a sufficient fleet to Pearl Harbor (see entry option 26) and the entry option is aimed at Japan, you can increase or decrease the tension cost by up to 3 before rolling the die.

OK, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI