Kickstarter? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Tweedledumb -> Kickstarter? (1/30/2017 6:12:47 PM)

Howdy All,

I've read, with considerable dismay, that there will be no followup game in this series.

This is a tremendous shame, as I agree with most posters that this is the single finest game, in its genre, ever made!

Have Vic or Cameron considered doing a Kickstarter (or similar) campaign to fund the design and development of the next game in the series? Would $50-100,000 get this new game to the point where it could then go to Matrix for the public market?

I know I would pledge, without any hesitation, $100 to get a new title going.

It's just a darned shame that Vic and Cameron can't economically see their way to making more games in this wonderful series.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get this going?

Franciscus -> RE: Kickstarter? (1/31/2017 4:54:10 PM)

No ideas, except keeping up the pressure [:D] and staying alive [8D] to see sometime in the future another DC game by Vic (and Cameron, who knows ?)

AFAIK Kickstarter is not legal for european-based companies...otherwise I would also gladly fork out money for a continuation of the series.

regards

wodin -> RE: Kickstarter? (3/10/2017 5:11:34 PM)

Matrix are the ones who could keep this game engine alive. It's a wargame tragedy if this game ends up being the only one...

ryan1488 -> RE: Kickstarter? (3/22/2017 5:59:28 AM)

I'm in!

elmo3 -> RE: Kickstarter? (4/4/2017 9:26:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tweedledumb

Howdy All,

I've read, with considerable dismay, that there will be no followup game in this series.

Didn't know that. Tis a shame as I have all the DC games and have enjoyed them very much.

Stryder -> RE: Kickstarter? (4/8/2017 1:36:52 PM)

Has this been confirmed?

wodin -> RE: Kickstarter? (7/3/2017 8:57:04 PM)

Yes it has. I'd have loved to have seen this engine doing different scales say down to squad. Plus see it cover rest of WW2 and WW1. The logistics side and having to deal with other commanders is perfect for WW1 esp if it involved French and Commonwealth or German and Austrian relationships and pressures etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI